Vice President of Development
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is seeking a dedicated and experienced lead fundraiser to join our team. The Vice President of Development will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and play a pivotal role in executing the organization's fundraising strategy. This individual will be responsible for managing a portfolio of major donors and stakeholders, working towards increasing financial support and engagement with UWGC. The Vice President will collaborate to execute on fundraising strategy, manage team to grow resources, and engage donors to connect their passions and the mission of United Way. The position offers a pathway for career growth within the organization, making it an excellent opportunity for a seasoned fundraiser and fundraising manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Fundraising Strategy Execution: Collaborate with the Chief Strategy Officer and other senior leaders to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that aligns with the organization's mission and goals and leads to a larger and more diverse revenue model.
- Portfolio Management: Manage a portfolio of major donors, stakeholders, and corporate partners. Cultivate relationships, identify new prospects, and engage in donor acquisition, solicitation, and stewardship activities to maximize financial support.
- Donor Engagement: Develop and maintain strong relationships with major donors and stakeholders. Ensure personalized and meaningful interactions that reflect the unique interests and values of each donor.
- Fundraising Team Leadership: Provide guidance and support to the fundraising team, helping them meet their fundraising goals and deliver on the organization's mission.
- Donor Engagement Events: Oversee and participate in fundraising events, campaigns, and initiatives. Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful fundraising efforts.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data and analytics to track and evaluate the effectiveness of fundraising strategies and make data-driven decisions to optimize fundraising efforts.
- Report and Budget Management: Prepare reports on fundraising activities and financial results for presentation to the President/CEO and the board of directors. Manage a budget related to fundraising activities.
- Compliance: Ensure that all fundraising activities adhere to legal and ethical standards and are in compliance with relevant regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, master’s degree preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in fundraising, with a proven track record of successfully securing major gifts, managing fundraising campaigns, and leading a team of fundraisers.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and stakeholders.
- Demonstration of strong technical skills with MS products (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Proficiency in donor management software and data analysis tools.
- Knowledge of the Greater Cincinnati community and its philanthropic landscape is a plus.
- A passion for the mission and values of United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
- Frequent travel to events and meetings within the regional area.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
CORE COMPENTENCIES: Accountability, Organizational Commitment, Interpersonal skills, Time/Project Management, Integration, Communication/Interpersonal Skills, Strategic Planning and People Management.
Applicants should apply by Friday, November 17, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience