United Way of Coastal Fairfield County is creating opportunities for at-risk children to overcome their obstacles and realize their potential. All United Way employees must align with our mission and values, and have the core competencies listed in this position description.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The VP for Development is responsible for building relationships that drive the generation of revenue to meet or exceed the fundraising goals set in the approved annual operating budget, as well as the stewardship of relationships with a select number of major donors or prospects. S/he will create and execute the annual strategic / tactical campaign plan. The individual must operate in a highly professional manner, handle confidential information with discretion and take the initiative needed to ensure successful and timely completion of projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
UWCFC works to foster equity across all its programs and its community footprint. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Establish annual fundraising campaign in conjunction with the CEO, CFO, development team and Board.
- Develop annual revenue goals in partnership with CFO.
- Create an annual fundraising plan in partnership with VP Marketing, with strategy, tactics, timing and budget for an annual campaign. Plan and execute all aspects of the campaign, from kick-off to follow-up meetings.
- Support the CEO, Board and Volunteers in the execution of fundraising in support of the Campaign and major gifts
- Facilitate training sessions for volunteers
- Work with the marketing team to develop the campaign donation and pledge pages and materials
- Develop and execute special events in support of the campaign, including work-place based activities and events to widen UWCFC’s circle of friends and donors
- Lead the efforts for the expression of gratitude for all donations and pledges
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts
- Work with community engagement team to support impact philanthropy work through committee of volunteers and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience in fundraising or a related field
- Professional manner, with sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Unflappable under stress, an ability to manage several projects simultaneously with apparent ease, and an entrepreneurial mindset: strategic, with a bias towards action
- An ability to understand and articulate the issues and challenges faced by the at-risk population we serve
- Fluent in the use of technology, familiarity with electronic databases and ability to become proficient in the use of our database (Andar)
- Ability to lead naturally, work independently and effortlessly within a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to community impact and an enthusiasm for community empowerment
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Our UWCFC Values: Humility, hard-work, empathy, kindness, team-orientation, customer-orientation to an extreme, entrepreneurial, non-bureaucratic, being who you are while showing respect and appreciation for others, taking work seriously but ourselves less seriously
- Relationship-oriented: The ability to cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal through understanding what motivates individuals and organizations, effectively communicating, building relationships internally and listening to others.
- Collaborator: The ability to mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement, building consensus and support with diverse stakeholders, negotiating with individuals and groups both internally and externally, and working collaboratively with others to achieve positive results.
- Results-Driven: The ability to focus on shared and measurable goals.
- Salary range starts at $90,000/year
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Family Leave for all full-time staff
- medical, dental, and vision insurance for staff members plus Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 403(b) plan (non-matching)
- Life Insurance, Short-term disability, Long-term disability and related coverage
- Summer Hours (half-day Fridays) from June 1 to Labor Day
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Potential for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Office located near Metro North station, indoor parking place included
United Way of Coastal Fairfield County is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to hire staff members who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at UWCFC are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, employment status, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- If much of this job description describes you, please apply for this role. Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet all the qualifications. We recognize this and encourage those with relevant skills and experience to apply.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter
- No application will be reviewed without a cover letter.
- We require all staff to be up to date on vaccines for Covid 19.