Senior Development Officer
Position Title: SR. DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Department: RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Location: TOLEDO OFFICE, HYBRID
FLSA Job Status: FULL TIME, EXEMPT
Salary Range: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
Reports to: Senior Director, Resource Development
STATEMENT OF THE JOB:
This role is accountable for achieving fundraising goals within a portfolio of corporate campaign accounts, individual donors of all levels, including major gifts, and other revenue sources, utilizing year-round strategies to build and maintain superior relationships, cultivate donors, and engage community members in the work of United Way of Greater Toledo to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets.
- Inspire and mobilize individual and corporate donors to give, advocate, and volunteer by discovering their interests and proposing alignment with our mission and activities.
- Utilize knowledge gathered from donor meetings to develop and implement year-round strategies to engage, cultivate, and steward individual, workplace, and corporate donors.
- Develop and implement long-term strategies for building relationships, deepening engagement, and increasing revenue generation from a portfolio of major donors ($10,000+) and high-performing corporate partners.
- Engage new or lapsed corporate partners and individual donor prospects by involving stakeholders with our work in creative and strategic ways.
- Work with committees of volunteers to aid in donor prospecting and engagement efforts with corporations and individuals.
- Deepen individual donor involvement through cultivation and solicitation of planned gifts.
- Propose and execute on short-term and long-range strategic fund-raising goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage volunteer and donor stewardship programs that help forward goals of the Resource Development team.
- Attend and provide support to donor cultivation and fundraising events as needed.
- Create and implement prospect research and cultivation strategies to maximize potential for corporate and individual giving.
- Partner with Community Impact staff to understand current program innovations and align them with funding opportunities for donors and prospects.
- Work with other departments to ensure cross-functional collaboration and information-sharing.
- Maintain Andar database as a tool to help build relationships by keeping accurate and up-to-date account records.
- Utilize Andar to support data-informed decision-making about workplace accounts and analyze donor information for trends, gaps, and opportunities for revenue growth.
- Evaluate and assess current efforts and propose opportunities for progress and advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least four (4) years’ experience in fundraising, sales, or relationship building (nonprofit fundraising preferred).
- Experience building relationships with volunteers, donors, customers, or others.
- Experience with managing multiple projects at one time.
- Or, a comparable combination of education and work experience.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong ability and interest in building relationships and working with people.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Ability to be proactive, tenacious, and solve problems to work toward organizational goals.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of standard office hours.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to be an enthusiastic team-player with a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize projects.
- Knowledge of business and social community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in use of relevant software.
- Must be able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
United Way of Greater Toledo (UWGT) strives to ensure that we are meeting the needs of individuals across Lucas, Ottawa and Wood counties in a meaningful and appropriate manner. We cannot truly “Live United” until we fervently advocate for BIPOC, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ people and other marginalized communities. United Way examines and addresses the systems, institutions, and policies that have caused and perpetuated racial and socioeconomic disparities, specifically in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, Health, and Housing. This includes acknowledging the role that philanthropy plays in upholding such structures. When individuals of all ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, and gender/sexual identities can live and participate in functions of life without fear, then, and only then, can we “Live United”.
The United Way of Greater Toledo provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $51,000 to $60,000 per year