Senior Associate, DTD Grant Specialist
United Way of the Mid-South is a multi-million-dollar non-profit, public charitable foundation that
mobilizes financial and human resources across 8-counties to meet critical needs and to help
ensure that hundreds of thousands of Mid-Southerners can achieve their highest potential. We
support high-performing nonprofit agencies that are on the front lines fighting to decrease
poverty in our community. By joining United Way of the Mid-South (UWMS), you are uniting with
a team that is moving the needle on poverty and making our community a place where
everyone can thrive.
The Senior Associate, Grants Specialist supports the development of grant compliance
processes and procedures. The Grants Specialist will ensure compliance with established
internal control procedures for grants administration and grants management
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Develop and maintain grant record-keeping systems, budgets, procedures and
documentation to provide for efficient project and department operation.
● Coordination of grant communication efforts between UWMS internal and external
● Compile information into reports, graphs, tables, and other data presentation forms.
● Review, monitor, and analyze monthly financial transactions to ensure compliance with
● Develop, coordinate and facilitate stakeholder training for grant compliance.
● Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records,
reports, operating practices, and documentation.
● Assist with preparation for monthly budget meetings.
● Assist in reviewing grant applications and grant budgets.
Senior Associate, DTD Grant Specialist
● Prepares accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
● Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and user guides.
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple
deadlines, tasks, and projects efficiently and effectively.
This job requires the individual to be able to lift 25 pounds and be able to maneuver a mobile
cart for supplies and materials. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand for long periods of time. The position may also require significant walking and
capacity to climb stairs, and the ability to talk to and hear customers during events. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and
the ability to adjust focus. The job requires computer work and attention to detail. There may
be additional physical requirements associated with off-site events.
United Way of the Mid-South is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate
against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy
extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company
facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United
Way of the Mid-South will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. United Way of the Mid-
South is committed to demonstrating diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace and community. We value each individual's unique skills and contributions and believe in the power
of collective leadership, accountability and unity.
Flexible hours are required as job duties demand. Must have a valid Driver’s License, car
insurance, and reliable transportation. Must have a personal cell phone to communicate outside
of the office.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Other
duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change
that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and
● Relationship-oriented: Understands that people come before the process and is astute in
cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and
can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good;
creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and
protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone
numbers) to the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the position
for which you are applying in the subject line of your correspondence. For more information
about United Way of the Mid-South, please visit us online at www.uwmidsouth.org.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $51,000 to $60,000 per year