Resource Development Specialist
Position Summary: The Resource Development (RD) Assistant will primarily provide a leadership role in the management of the donor stewardship journey in order to achieve individual, department and company goals. Additionally, the RD Assistant will provide support to the Director of Resource Development in all areas related to implementing and supporting the fundraising initiatives and goals for United Way. United Way professionals should exhibit core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives Revenue & Impact
- Resident expert on customer relationship management system communications platform.
- Run reports as requested on behalf of the Director of Resource Development which will enhance knowledge of donor base for effective communications.
- Manage and maintain global accounts where engagement is requested (but presentations are not permissible) to encourage business support and achieve United Way goals.
- Utilize CRM to review accounts and to process pledge transactions with a high level accuracy and speed.
- Identify and write up adjustments to donor accounts as needed.
- Maintain an organized filing system of donor pledge cards and payment documentation.
Strategic Relationship Building
- Responsible for carrying out all phases of the communication plan with donors for enhanced stewardship.
- Through timely communications is able to connect donors’ and prospects’ areas of interest directly to United Way’s work and inspire commitment and support for United Way.
- Utilizing our CRM/communications platform, practice effective stewardship by thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gifts, and keeping them apprised of progress on Community Impact work.
- Work effectively with other departments to achieve United Way goals and communicate to various stakeholders.
Effective & Engaging Communicator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively present the United Way message to businesses, employees, and the community.
- Provide excellent customer service and problem resolution to both internal and external constituents.
Embracing & Managing Change
- Effectively work with the Director of Resource Development, UW Board members, and Campaign Cabinet to implement new and creative strategies for workplace campaigns to support United Way goals.
- Work with UW, the Resource Development Team and Community Impact Team to engage donors as volunteers through effective communications as part of the stewardship journey.
Entrepreneurial & Innovative
- Collaborate with the local community to meet organizational goals through special events (including but not limited to race parking) and affinity groups (including but not limited to Power of the Purse events.)
This job description reflects the general duties assigned to the Resource Development Assistant, however, other duties may be assigned based upon needs that may arise within the organization and fall within the scope of the Resource Development Department. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in database management, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Associate degree in business, accounting or database management an advantage.
- Excellent computer and data entry skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Team player with the ability to work with AUW senior management to achieve organizational goals.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of insured motor vehicle.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $31,000 to $40,000 per year