Program Officer, Community Impact- Hybrid
Salary Range:$50,000.00 To 56,250.00 Annually
Benefits (The Good Stuff)
- Exempt (Salary): 3 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- Non-Exempt (Hourly): 2 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 PTO Paid Days
- Competitive Health Benefits Package
- Wellness Program Reimbursements up to $50/month
- Long Term Disability at NO COST
- Life Insurance & AD&D 2X Annual Salary at NO COST
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan UP TO 6% Employer Match
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Monthly Transit Card
*Vacation amounts may vary based on roles, schedules, and years of service.
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contributions into real change. We fight for equitable access to quality education, financial security, and the health of everyone in our community. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami is hiring a Program Officer, Community Impact to join our team. As a Program Officer, Community Impact, contribute to the development and execution of United Way’s work including research, community engagement, strategic planning, investment processes management and grant monitoring, and execution of special initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the development and execution of a results-based, goal-driven roadmap to achievement of positive outcomes in Miami-Dade County; includes research and community engagement to develop briefs; public policy issue identification and policy analysis; among others. Explore and secure partnerships with other community organizations.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of priority tactics within the maps and effective management of various investment processes and grant monitoring activities. Monitor assigned Impact Area agencies by conducting site visits, reviewing and recording progress and data, preparing reports and promotional materials, and lending technical assistance.
- Effectively staff assigned Impact Council volunteers and act as a resource with a focus on services and target population.
- Provide creative and effective support staffing to United Way initiatives. This includes working resourcefully with UW collaborators and staff to plan, implement, evaluate, and follow up on special events and activities related to strategic planning and the preparation of work plans.
- Maintain effective relationships with public and private social service organizations, on behalf of United Way initiatives, by attending appropriate community, organizational and committee meetings. Keep abreast of community programs and public policy issues, and attend community meetings and events in representation of the United Way.
- Manage assigned UW agency campaigns and other matrix assignments, as needed.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree minimum; Master’s preferred or equivalent experience.
Experience Requirements: One to three years experience in the non-profit/social.
Technology Requirements: Beginning Internet Explorer, Intermediate Word, Beginning Excel, Beginning PowerPoint, Beginning Outlook, Beginning Access.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills, customer relations skills, creative problem-solving skills, good judgment, ability to understand budgets, basic math skills, critical thinking skills, and attention to detail.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, please visit our Career site homepage to view our EEO statement and Drug-Free po
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience
- $51,000 to $60,000 per year