Mile High United Way is excited to announce an opening for an Manager, Events. We believe in keeping equity at the heart of our work. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work within the communities we serve. Ideal candidates have a personal commitment and connection with our mission, vision, and values as seen in our Annual Reports.
Position Title: Manager, Events
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: $61,000 per year
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; paid parental leave; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: Primarily based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205. 3 days/week in office, 2 days/week remote
COVID-19 Vaccination: Providing your COVID vaccination card is optional.
How You'll Help
Provide professional planning and implementing quality events and functions for donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition while highlighting the work and mission of Mile High United Way. The Manager will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality events ensuring that the mission, vision, and values of Mile High United Way are reflected in all aspects of planning events. Oversee all donor, signature and programmatic events and including development, implementation and budgeting.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of all signature events including but not limited to Turkey Trot (up to but not limited to 10,000 runners) and Women United Luncheon (up to but not limited to 1,000 attendees).
- Manage year-round affinity group sponsorships, events, and overall tracking, including but not limited to the following:
- Women United
- LINC/ Catalyst
- Responsible for achieving planned revenue goals for major events and developing new revenue sources for Events
- Payment management, invoicing, budgeting and financial administration work
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Resource Development Teams to develop sponsorship proposals and fulfillment of those proposals for high profile events.
- Oversee the production of printed materials and promotional items, including invitations, signage and giveaways
- Develop and maintain impact strategy and tactical timeline of all event related tasks, activities and deadlines and be responsible for making sure that deadlines are met
- Collaborate with "key players" to establish the design direction for each event, or campaign, ensuring that consistent design and messaging is carried throughout each piece
- Work collaboratively with the Resource Development department to provide stewardship (acknowledgement, recognition, and data reporting) to event attendees
- Work collaboratively with the Operations-Facilities departments to ensure appearance, cleanliness and care of space used for events
- Collaborate with volunteer team with volunteer event and large volunteer conferences as needed.
- Manage a variety of contractor and vendor relationships, track payment to all vendors and service providers
- Manage all sponsorship relationships, fulfillment and stewardship
- Maintain records of event-related metrics and data
- Spearhead the run of show process for events
- Create event-specific organizational tools (timelines, contact lists, distribution)
- Provide on-site event support and provide any follow-up to the events including event debriefs, thank-you notes to speakers, vendors, sponsors, volunteers as needed.
- Keep Senior Staff informed of event schedules and progress
- Serve as liaison to United Way Worldwide for network-wide events and national events hosted in Denver
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing or Related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years' experience in event-conference planning or marketing
- Demonstrated experience managing high profile events
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, social media, marketing teams, resource development teams, and graphic designers
- May supervise staff; organizing and overseeing the work of other employees including but not limited to daily operations, setting goals promoting a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
- Contract negotiation and budget skills required
- Conceptualize and prioritize all objectives while exercising independent judgement
- Must be a creative problem solver with the ability to assess needs and develop/implement solutions
- Experience soliciting event sponsorships.
- Demonstrated project management, time management, and organizational skills, with the ability to manage details of multiple and complex projects within firm schedules
- Excellent communication skills sufficient to express ideas and agreements concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of constituencies
- Demonstrated integrity, dependability, sound judgment, teambuilding and resourcefulness to establish and maintain collaborative, positive, and effective working relationships with multiple and diverse groups
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint Project)
- Proficient knowledge of salesforce, some experience with Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop/InDesign desirable
- Advanced skills with event organization and registration software such as Classy or Stratus Live
Working Environment: Typical office environment with occasional out-of-office meetings. This position may be required to work some nights, weekends, and holidays (i.e. Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving) or as determined by business needs.
Physical Activities: Must be able to lift 30lbs. Ability to provide personal transportation.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Mile High United Way does not charge applicants for any step in the hiring process, nor do we request any financial information until the time of hire.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience
- $61,000 to $70,000 per year