IT Project Manager
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for an IT Project Manager who will join our technology team and oversee a wide variety of technology-related projects across UWGC. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented with excellent communication skills, effective problem-solving skills, and a proven track record of collaborating with vendors, in-house personnel as well as forming high-performing team of experts for each project to maximize resources and efficiency. This role will work closely with subject matter experts and cross-functional teams to improve service delivery, aligning technology with strategy, as well as adoption and governance of all UWGC’s technologies.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Technology Strategy & Implementation
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to elicit, document, and prioritize business needs and requirements.
- Work with functional and technical teams to design solutions that meet business requirements, including providing input on system design and functionality, identifying problems, creating solutions and implementing efficiency improvements.
- Ensure initiatives align to the organization’s business objectives and final implementations stay on strategy.
- Drive project management activities for technology initiatives, including project planning, monitoring progress, and identifying and mitigating risks. Proactively communicate project updates, progress, and issues effectively to ensure alignment.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation, including project timelines, status reports, business requirements documents, process flow diagrams and user stories.
- Manage the ongoing success of organizational technical implementations and governance.
- Develop documentation and implement change management practices to implement process improvements and business continuity plans in collaboration with relevant teams.
- Staying informed of relevant trends and industry news for current or new technology initiatives.
- Act as a bridge between business stakeholders and technical teams.
- Collaborate with QA teams to develop test plans and test cases.
- Monitor testing activities to ensure the quality of delivered solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of proven experience as a Project Manager or in a related role.
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, computer and math skills.
- Knowledge of new and established technologies (e.g. CRM, IT Infrastructure Systems, Financial Systems, Digital Engagement, Productivity tools, etc.).
- Proficiency in project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum).
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving abilities; absorbs new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Passion for discovering new things and ability to learn quickly.
- Effectively communicates and presents information in business-friendly and user-friendly terms and responds to questions from various levels within the organization and from stakeholders, business partners and external agencies.
- Consults with team to prioritize key data sources, conduct analysis, identify key performance indicators, and create dashboards and reports.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Proven experience and ability to lead, direct, coach and mentor teams in collaborative partnering to achieve goals.
- Highly organized and effective in executing against cross functional initiatives.
Salary starting $65,000 plus competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, January 31, 2024, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience