Fundraising Research and Analytics Director
Fundraising Research and Analytics Director
Strategic Intelligence and Information Division
As the Fundraising Research and Analytics Director at United Way of Central Indiana, you will play a critical role in advancing our mission to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of community. You will use your expertise in data analytics and fundraising to provide leadership around fundraising analytics, prospect research, and reports that help inform the organizations fundraising strategy.
We are looking for a highly motivated and results-oriented leader with a passion for making a difference. You should have a strong understanding of data analytics, fundraising, and relationship building. You should also be able to think strategically and creatively, and to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Drive the development and implementation of UWCI fundraising data strategies.
- Play a lead role in the strategic management and day-to-day operations of donor and prospect analytics and research.
- Lead and manage fundraising research and analytics projects, resulting in accurate, timely, and meaningful reporting of all metrics being tracked by various internal team members and executives, and by key external stakeholders.
- Implement, execute, and optimize the CRM database for the department, as well as playing a significant role organization wide.
- Provide analysis of data and recommendations from findings to improve performance and results of fundraising and engagement efforts, which have resulted in a 10% increase in donations.
- Act as a subject matter expert for fundraising research and industry best practices, creating a fundraising research and analytics succession plan and strategic plan.
- Lead the completion of all critical fundraising analytics reporting to the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and United Way Worldwide.
- Guide the prospect research efforts for both individual, corporate, and foundation prospects, providing accurate and meaningful prospect research, both as requested and proactively as opportunities arise.
- Lead and guide the individual donor portfolio management in partnership with the VP of Major and Transformational Giving and Major Gifts Director.
- Assure fundraising and engagement data is of great integrity and continually monitor for consistency and quality, developing and managing processes and efforts to assure the alignment with high and current data standards. Determine accountability measures for data integrity.
- Create and maintain inter-departmental relationships that are mutually beneficial and create efficiency and effectiveness organization wide, with key departmental relationships including IT, Finance, Marketing, and Impact.
- Provide clear direction and supervision to the fundraising research team, ensuring coordinated individual and team goal while promoting innovation. Regular updates with team members is expected.
- Achieve established goals, working with the Chief Strategic Intelligence and Information Officer to ensure goals reflect and align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment, with a willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to perform each essential job function, be present in the office, and have the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. You should also be innovative, a self-starter, and able to work within a team. You should have strong communication skills, attention to detail, and be flexible and adaptable. You will also need to maintain knowledge of trends in your area of responsibility and review literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Experience: 4-6 years of related experience preferred.
.*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data is required.
- Working knowledge of SPSS or relational database concepts and other business analytics tools is preferred.
- Experience with a Constituency Resource Management tool (CRM) such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics is required.
- Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of all aspects of non-profit organizations preferred.
- Supervisory experience: 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience in data analytics or data development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong reputation for integrity and professionalism
- Ability to resolve conflict constructively
- Strong performance management and evaluation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to think strategically
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the community.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Chance to work with a talented team of professionals.
At United Way, we partner to design, support, and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents’ quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana’s team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
Position Leader: Strategic Research & Analytics Senior Director
Position Leads: Fundraising Research and Analytics Team
FLSA Status: Exempt, Salaried
Salary Range: Low to Mid 80's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.