Front Desk and Meeting Coordinator
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Front Desk and Meeting Coordinator to perform a wide range of administrative and interpersonal duties of a highly responsible and complex nature. Serves as a liaison with others within and outside the organization regarding events, purchasing, personnel, facilities, information technology, and operations. Also serves as the front desk administrative assistant who coordinates and supports convening meetings held at the UWGC.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Answers, screens, and directs incoming calls. Greets, directs and escorts internal and external guests, donors, and volunteers, fielding questions and inquiries.
- Coordinates and supports convening center meetings for internal and external groups who use our facilities. This includes coordinating and scheduling meetings, obtaining required usage agreements, greeting attendees for meetings, assistance with technology usage in the facility, room setup, catering support, billing support, and coordination with ATS and facilities on equipment repairs.
- Trains and introduces new employees and volunteers to the convening center systems and processes of UWGC.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail as well as prepares outgoing mail and other correspondence. Responds to incoming mail and other materials not requiring the attention of the manager(s) supported.
- Coordinates with Property Services and Community Engagement on larger deliveries and donation drives.
- Provides optimum support to assigned departments by remaining aware of departmental goals, providing ongoing communication, and organizing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Coordinates schedules and arranges meetings through several calendars, reserving and preparing facilities as needed and overall coordination and execution for both UWGC and building tenants.
- Supports department personnel by assisting with copying, faxing, filing, mailing, typing and proofreading letters and reports and other tasks of a similar nature.
- Help communicate with vendors to obtain bids and quotes for services to be provided to UWGC.
- Assist with timely payment of incoming property-related invoices by submitting for manager approval and providing documentation to AP department.
- Coordinates office supply purchases for the organization and maintains the storage room to ensure that office supplies remain in stock and are organized efficiently.
Job Relationships With: Collaborates with team members at all levels of the UWGC organization, UWGC Board members and volunteers, external partners, and UWGC tenants.
- High school graduate or its equivalent; some business school or college training with a major in secretarial science is preferable.
- Two years previous office or front desk experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Teams) is required.
- Work requires typing, editing, and proofing general business correspondence and preparing reports.
- Position requires excellent organizational, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds is required.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
- Position hours – workday is 8 hours typically between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; however, schedule may vary to provide occasional support of evening and Saturday meetings.
COMPETENCIES: Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient, Professional Appearance, Friendly and Engaging
Salary starting $20.00 per hour plus competitive benefits package.
Applicants should apply by Friday, September 1, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience