United Way of Northern New Mexico is located in Los Alamos, NM, the northern part of New Mexico, serving Los Alamos and Rio Arriba Counties
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer of UWNNM administering, coordinating, and directing its day-to-day operations.
- Manage, either directly or through staff, contractors and volunteers, fundraising, community building, fund distribution, program management and communications activities of UWNNM
- Manage financial resources of UWNNM in a cost-effective manner, including developing and meeting budgets, insuring that the most money possible is going to local agencies.
- Develop and implement strategic plans. This position is a leadership position in the regional community and requires developing and implementing innovative solutions to intractable challenges and gaining the support of all stakeholders in the solutions.
- Initiate, develop and manage programming related to collective impact, ensuring success in meeting established program deliverables, deadlines and budget.
The Executive Director is responsible for assisting in attracting the highest level of volunteer leadership for all functions of UWNNM and developing and maintaining significant, impactful relationships with persons at all levels within the public, private and volunteer sectors.
Skills: Applicants must be able to develop and implement strategic plans and achieve strategic goals, including fund-raising plans and objectives;
- Exemplary leadership skills and be able to manage and inspire staff, volunteers, and community stakeholders, including the Board of Trustees;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present to large groups and in one-on one situations effectively;
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as a proven ability to manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously;
- Strong computer and technical skills;
- Sound financial management experience, including financial and tax reporting, audits, grant writing, fundraising and the development of budgets.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or relevant field and have a minimum of five years successful and progressive experience in fundraising, fund distribution, and non-profit and/or foundation management. Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred.
This position is primarily located in Los Alamos, NM, with a Collective Impact office located in Española, NM. The position requires flexible working hours including some evenings/weekends and some travel throughout Los Alamos and Rio Arriba Counties.
UWNNM is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We therefore:
- Support equal opportunity employment hiring in all United Way NNM activities.
- Value, champion and embrace diversity in all United Way NNM activities.
- Recognize the distinct differences of individuals and organizations and utilize the strengths of each.
If you would like to further explore this exciting opportunity please submit your letter of interest, resume, and three letters of reference to: DPrice@enterprisebank.com
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $71,000 to $80,000 per year