Executive Assistant- SII
Strategic Intelligence and Information Division (SII)
United Way of Central Indiana works to bring the resources of philanthropy, government, corporations, the social sector and neighborhoods together to confront generational poverty head on and ensure a better future for our neighbors in need.
This is an ambitious time to join United Way as we embark on a five-year strategic plan to reduce the number of households experiencing poverty and financial instability. To make a significant impact in our region, United Way is looking for dedicated, confident, and compassionate team members who live our shared values of inclusivity, courage, accountability, respect, and excellence.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Chief Strategic Intelligence and Information Officer (CSIO), who serves as a member of the Executive Team. Reporting directly to the CSIO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the CSIO and members of the Strategic Intelligence team. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to other senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Provide executive support to the Chief Strategic Intelligence and Information Officer (CSIO), who is a member of the Executive Team, through daily management of emails, calendar, coordination of internal and external meetings, tracking tasks and managing communication. Provide and lead support to both internal and external parties with a high level of professionalism and in a manner that reflects positively on the organization.
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion, especially decisions directly impacting the operations of the United Way.
- Provide high level calendar management. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Manage complex SII team calendars and schedules, resolving any scheduling issues.
- Monitor, organize and respond to email questions on behalf of Chief Strategic Intelligence Officer.
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, emails, agendas, reports, special projects, and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Proofread various department emails, letters, materials, and other documents.
- Create end of day report that outlines tasks, meetings and communication that need action.
- Work closely with the CSIO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CSIO updated. Anticipate CSIO's needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the CSIO and team members, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support.
- Coordinate communications with other Executive Assistance Assistants to schedule meetings for Internal and external appointments (i.e., interviews, meetings, lunch outings, and ad hoc requests).
- Manage all aspects of preparation/management for meetings which include assembling materials, meeting set up and logistics.
- Conserve the Executive's time by reading, researching, collecting, and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Excellent communication and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls in a timely manner.
Project Collaboration and Support
Organize, and maintain folders, documents, reports, and records for the team through Microsoft Teams and other online platforms. Provide administrative support for organization initiatives.
- Create and maintain Teams folder to ensure files and folders are organized and easy to navigate.
- Create, file, and manage process documents for Strategic Intelligence's projects and community Impact work.
Invoice Management and Contract Tracking
Oversee Strategic Intelligence's team's subscription renewals, invoices, and contracts. Process invoices and manage software service agreements. Develop and maintain invoice tracking reports to monitor billing dates, subscription renewals, and contracts.
- Manage and monitor reports for Strategic Intelligence projects (i.e., finance, legal, budget reports, invoices, contracts).
- Create and manage invoice tracking spreadsheet in Excel to monitor and track Strategic Intelligence's invoices, subscription renewals, contracts, and ad hoc purchases.
- Send monthly notification emails to businesses prior to invoice due dates.
- Process purchase orders through Intacct for all contracts, invoices, and ad hoc billing.
- Manage online subscription and payments.
Perform special assignments and other work, on an as-needed basis.
UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key attributes for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily and be present in the office while performing those functions. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, and flexibility and adaptability.
This person will have a commitment to equity and use that lens to shape their work.
Education and/or Experience
- High School education required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience required working in a role supporting executives.
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
- Must have a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to resolve conflict constructively.
*Work experience may substitute for education requirements on a case-by-case basis.
The physical demands described here are general representations of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to touch and handle objects. The employee frequently stands or walks.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office setting, with sustained use of a computer.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal to moderate.
- Maintains personal/professional competency and works to create an environment of courtesy, respect, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude in all interactions both internal and external to the organization.
Position Leader: Chief Strategic Intelligence and Information Officer
Position Leads: N/A
FLSA Status Exempt, Full-Time
Salary Range: Mid 60s
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Reviewed: November 2023
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.