Director of Strategic Incubation
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) is a dynamic and mission-driven organization dedicated to building a community where all people have an opportunity to thrive. We are committed to creating innovative solutions to address pressing societal challenges and drive positive change in our community.
The Director of Strategic Incubation will design, launch, and test new strategic initiatives in alignment with our organizational strategy, impact pillars, and revenue goals. Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the Director will oversee a portfolio of incubating initiatives to ensure effective operational supports and implementation to ensure the initiatives meet the strategies, goals, and objectives of UWGC.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Initiative Design and Planning
- Collaborate with the Chief Strategy Officer and other key stakeholders to conceptualize and develop innovative strategic initiatives aligned to United Way’s mission and goals.
- Develop comprehensive incubation plans for new initiatives, including project timelines, resource allocation, and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless execution of incubation plans, including engaging experts in areas such as program development, finance, marketing, and technology.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and potential obstacles related to new initiatives.
Lead in Developing Incubation Procedures and Initiative Lifecycle
- Lead in developing operational policies and procedures for incubating initiatives around fundraising, communications, partner vetting and adherence to United Way mission and strategy.
- With Chief Strategy Officer, serve as an advisor to organizational leaders for incubating initiatives.
- Oversee the vetting process for potential new initiatives to ensure they are in line with the mission and values, as well as the business model and fiscal goals of United Way.
Manage Initial Lifecycle of Initiatives and Facilitate Transition
- Oversee the testing phase of new initiatives, collecting and analyzing data to make informed decisions about scaling, pivoting, or discontinuing projects.
- Manage budgeting and resource allocation for incubation projects and work closely with finance and resource development team to identify funding needs and potential revenue sources.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external partners, stakeholders, and collaborators to support successful implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Regularly report on the progress, impact, and outcomes of incubation projects to organizational leaders and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure the success and sustainability of incubation projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- At least five years proven experience in strategic planning, project management, and innovation in a nonprofit or related setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and with external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership and advisory/consultation experience.
- Passion for and commitment to the organization's mission and values.
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on driving positive social impact.
- Demonstration of strong technical skills with MS products (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area.
- Strategic planning
- Project management
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Advisory skills
- Relationship building
- Procedure development
Applicants should apply by Friday, November 17, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience