Director, Eastern Area
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for a Director, Eastern Area to provide leadership to and coordination of United Way efforts in Clermont and Brown Counties in Ohio. Drive community efforts to support family economic well-being in the Eastern Area by building United Way support and connecting United Way impact efforts to key opportunity for progress in the community. Serve as key United Way representative in Clermont and Brown Counties including facilitating volunteer engagement, community representation and informing of United Way strategy, and building champions for the mission and vision. Lead implementation of local fundraising impact strategies as aligned to organizational priorities. Manage local annual campaign and maintain year-round fundraising and engagement efforts for assigned donors.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee the advancement of philanthropic engagement and donor investment in the Eastern Area; provide oversight for the Eastern Area workforce campaign.
- Manage portfolio of top-level individual and/or institutional donor relationships across UWCG’s Eastern Area footprint.
- Ensure deep, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships between the donors and prospects within assigned portfolio are qualified, cultivated, and stewarded.
- Ensure the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and process for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio is managed, analyzing data and reports for opportunity and risk identification. Track and evaluate effectiveness of strategies, campaigns, and overall results.
- Advance the community impact work of United Way by seeking partnerships with multiple sectors and aligning resources toward program and initiatives that promote family economic well-being in the Eastern Area.
- Coordinate United Way led or supported local and regional initiatives as they work in Clermont and Brown Counties.
- Maintain relationships with funded partners and support capacity building and development of partners in conjunction with the UWGC Impact team.
- Provide staff leadership to the Action Council and other Eastern Area volunteer committees.
- Represent United Way on various local committees (business and non-profit) that assist in advancing our mission of supporting economic well-being.
- Provide local coordination with UWGC regional team for areas of marketing, advocacy, agency relations and donor relations.
- Participate in UWGC organizational leadership and operational activities.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred; a master’s degree is desirable; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in human service organizations or community leadership.
- Community problem-solving, agency and community relations, financial management, and fundraising experience preferred.
- High proficiency in oral and written communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office/Teams; SCRM experience preferred.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area.
Core Competencies: Accountability, Organizational Commitment, Interpersonal skills, Time/Project Management, Integration, Communication/Interpersonal Skills, Strategic Planning.
Applicants should apply by Wednesday, November 1, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience