Area Community Coordinator
Are you an enthusiastic and driven individual with a passion for engaging with people, organizing events, and unleashing creativity, while also enjoying a diverse range of tasks? Do you desire a leadership role that offers opportunities for enhancing your skillset and personal and professional growth?
If your answer is YES, apply today for the Area Community Coordinator position with United Way of Otter Tail and Wadena Counties and embark on a journey to make a positive impact.
Purpose of Position: To assist the Executive Director in the daily operation of the United Way and create strong relationships with United Way community partners in alignment with our organization’s goals while supporting United Way of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties mission statement: “To improve lives in Otter Tail & Wadena Counties by mobilizing the caring powers in the community.”
The Area Coordinator leads volunteers and research, and coordinates events and projects in support of overall community impact objectives. The coordinator assists with and provides support for change councils and other committees as needed, compiles and prepares reports, summaries, spreadsheets, and other tools to communicate community impact work, and coordinates with others to ensure that organizational resources are used to their maximum potential.
Responsibilities for Area Community Coordinator:
UW Annual Campaign Responsibilities:
- Assists in developing a plan of action for meeting fundraising goals and implementing the annual campaign drive.
- Assists in maintaining and updating all records, forms, and fundraising tools needed to monitor the campaign.
- Assists in identifying potential donors for fundraising needs through examination of past records, individual and corporate contacts, and knowledge of the community.
- Assists in organizing and promoting annual campaigns, including development of brochures, pledges cards, and other campaign materials; assists with organizing and promoting events and coordinating media relations.
- Coordinates with others within the United Way staff to ensure that organizational resources are used to their maximum potential, maintains positive working relationships, and acts as a team player and advocate for change.
- Maintains collaboration with community non-profits to identify and share resources.
- Maintains working relationship with partner programs.
- Provides information, resources, and training to partner programs.
- Provides guidance and support to agencies if needed.
Community Relations and Marketing:
- Assists with publishing of newsletter.
- Work with the community on behalf of United Way and its partner programs.
- Serves on non-United Way committees or task forces which deal with significant community issues.
- Seeks public speaking opportunities and responds to community groups upon requests.
- Meets regularly with Executives of funded and non-funded agencies.
- Has a visible profile in the community and at community events.
- Assists in developing a year-round marketing plan for the promotion of United Way.
- Assists in development of all written campaign materials including correspondence, website, press releases, news articles, brochures, and handouts.
- Assists in development of all social media marketing.
- Plans and executes assigned organizational events including logistics, sponsorships, event budgets, and analytics/tracking of event ROI.
- Serves as project manager for United Way assigned events.
- Performs database entry and archival documentation.
- Manages budgets for assigned events.
- Recruits and manages volunteers and interns when applicable, per event.
- Manages internal meetings and ongoing communication with events that have been assigned.
- Provides event-related administrative support.
- Leads and coordinates volunteer projects and processes in support of overall community impact objectives, including management and coordination of volunteer software, outcome reporting and evaluation, department planning meetings and communication, and others as needed.
- Provides volunteer coordination administrative support; maintains accurate records and files, schedules meetings and sets appointments, assists with communication and follows-through on specific tasks.
- Coordinates, compiles, and prepares reports, summaries, spreadsheets, and other tools to communicate Volunteer Coordination work.
- Maintains Volunteer Coordination Department records, rosters, and volunteer information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Recognizes volunteers on a monthly basis through electronic media, newsletters, and press releases.
- Education: Associate’s degree in business, marketing, sales, communication, or related field preferred.
- Experience: Previous administrative/office experience required. Experience in basic management, financial management, business, communications, marketing, human services, and/or human resources preferred. Working knowledge of Otter Tail & Wadena Counties and visibility within the community required.
- Skills: Must possess strong skills in verbal and written communication, fund-raising, public relations, and volunteer coordination. Must demonstrate leadership abilities to engage people and be well-organized, enthusiastic, and self-directed.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require travel and may require occasional overnight travel and weekends and/or evenings.
- United Way does not provide medical or dental insurance
- PTO, 10 paid holidays with two floating holidays
- United Way provides retirement benefits at the rate of 10% of a benefit-eligible employee’s annual salary.
Required degree level
- Associate Degree
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience