Account Manager, Leadership Giving
Job Title: Account Manager, Leadership Giving Job Grade: 26
Department: Resource Development Reports to: Manager, Major Gifts
Date Prepared: January 2024 FLSA Status: Exempt
Manage fundraising efforts within the Leadership division including stewardship of donors giving $1200 - $9999. Grow United Way’s leadership program to include strategies for impactful interactions with current and prospective donors. Provide a wide range of support services and coordination for fundraising and annual campaign activities. Recognize and maintain the confidentiality and sensitive nature of division matters. Anticipate potential problems and develop solutions. This position reports to the Manager, Major Gifts.
Include the following, but are not limited to:
In partnership with the Account Manager, Leadership & Community Gifts, steward donor relationships with individuals who give $1200-$9999 both in and out of the workplace.
Set Goals and Update Projections
- Work closely with Data Team and other staff to review lists and assign goals.
- When appropriate, create formulas to mass assign and apply goals, stretch goals, and external goals to for Leadership donors and prospects.
- Based on donor response, provide ongoing updates to projections throughout campaign and reassess overall during Projection Setting process mid-campaign.
- Recruit Leadership Society Cabinet Members to support fundraising in the Leadership Division
- Follow the timeline and ensure leadership prospect lists are created, distributed, and collected accordingly.
- Work with staff and volunteers to identify new prospects to add to the lists.
- Work with Leadership Society Cabinet Members to choose prospects to call on and act as the staff liaison for assigned Leadership Society volunteers.
- Ensure all information is provided to the Information Coordinator in a timely manner for input.
- Provide Leadership Society Cabinet Members with training, tools to aid their solicitation efforts, regular updates, and general support as needed.
LEADERSHIP GIVING PROGRAM
- Working with the Account Manager, Leadership & Community Gifts, create and develop a more robust stewardship program for donors currently giving to United Way, but not engaged outside of an annual contribution.
- Establish meaningful leadership giving levels between $1200 and $9,999, beyond level of financial contribution.
- Create and manage a strategic plan for stewarding donors through leadership giving levels with the goal of those donors with capacity joining United Way’s Tocqueville Giving Society.
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications and Corporate Engagement team to develop communication strategies to promote the leadership program in and outside of the workplace.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications team to develop written letters and communication plans for the program.
- Oversee identification and cultivation of leadership prospects and current leadership donors.
- Collaborate with the Donor Networks team to increase Leadership Donors’ participation in Donor Networks.
- Support Leadership Events, including Donor Network activities, as needed.
- Assist the Account Manager, Leadership & Community Gifts with the assessment, development, and management of a Leadership Step-Up program: donors who have opted to “step-up” to leadership giving; a three-year commitment to contributing $1,200
- Ensure that donors are staying on track each year to continue their recognition in the Leadership Registry
- Work closely with Marketing & Communications and Corporate Engagement team to continue to enhance communication strategies to promote the step-up program in and outside of the workplace
- Assist with the identification and cultivation of step-up prospects and current participants
JOB REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree related to marketing, sales, business, or philanthropy and a minimum of four to six (4-6) years related experience, or equivalent experience directly related to fundraising
- Requires experience in nonprofit fundraising and basic understanding of United Way’s model
- Extensive computer experience (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams) and the ability to learn new programs independently required
- Strong analytical abilities to manage and utilize large data files required
- Database experience required, strong preference for candidates with Andar experience
- Project management experience required
- Attention to detail essential
- Ability to communicate and interact well on all levels
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing copy for various purposes
CORE COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Mission-Focused. Ability to link donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspiration to needs; Ability to catalyze others’ commitment to mission; Strives vigorously to accomplish shared goals; Separates one’s own interests from organizational interests in order to make the best possible judgements for the organization.
- Relationship-Oriented. United Way professionals understand that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal. Allocates time for relationship building, consciously creates time for engaging with others and deepening relationships. Help others achieve their goals by sharing ideas, time, and resources.
- Collaborator. United Way professionals understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement. Focuses on shared goals.
- Results-Driven. United Way professionals are dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact. Has a clear vision and focus on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact. Has the necessary organizational skills to deliver on our modern business model. Advocates for support of our strategic initiatives and the foundational and sustaining force of our community impact fund.
- Brand Steward. Acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES
It is the policy of UWGMWC to comply with all relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended. UWGMWC will not discriminate against any qualified applicant with respect to any terms, privileges or conditions of employment based upon an individual’s physical or mental disability. UWGMWC will also make reasonable accommodation whenever and wherever possible for all employees or applicants with disabilities provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments required by the job, and provided that any accommodation does not require significant difficulty or expense. UWGMWC’s policy of nondiscrimination applies to all personnel and employment practices including, but not limited to, job application procedures, hiring, advancement, termination, compensation, job training and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of UWGMWC to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status or military service, or other non-merit factor or other legally protected characteristic. This applies to all recruiting, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, transfers and other employment related programs and personnel actions.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT:
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a core value at United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County. We strive every day to enhance the culture of belonging and are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment. We believe this allows us to attract, retain the best possible colleagues to use their full gifts to serve our community. We are looking for other great colleagues who are excited about this important work.
This job description indicates the general nature and work level performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required. The duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added, or deleted at any time. Other duties may be assigned.
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience
- $51,000 to $60,000 per year