211 PRN Community Resource Navigator
UWGKC serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformative change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education and financial stability. We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
United Way of Greater Kansas City is seeking Community Resource Navigators for the 211 information and referral line. The Community Resource Navigators will be responsible for handling local and contract calls, providing excellent customer service, caller problem assessment, information and referral, screening for program eligibility, advocacy, and appropriate follow-up for 211. The working contact center shift hours are flexible based on the need for additional coverage and the Community Resource Navigator will be expected to pick up a minimum of 3 shifts per month based on the person’s general availability. Additionally, the PRN Community Resource Navigator will sign on to check communications one hour per week to stay up to date on the changes in the database, processes, or seasonal programs.
United Way 211 is a free and confidential 24 hours a day and 7 days a week information and referral service that helps connect people to community resources. 211 maintains a comprehensive database of thousands of local and national community resources that include information on services for food, shelter, utilities, health related services and more. 211 is committed to being the most trusted essential community resource to help individuals navigate the web of social services, assisting people in overcoming barriers, and addressing challenges every day.
Status: Part-Time/As Needed
Open Shifts Weekly Hours:
- Based on personal availability and available open shifts. The ideal candidate can work a minimum of 8 hours a week during day, evening, and/or weekend hours.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides phone-based inbound and outbound client problem assessment, information and/or referral(s) and follow-up appropriate to the client’s needs.
- Utilizes recognized professional and agency standards in carrying out the goal of resolution of the client’s problems or requests.
- Provides advocacy for clients in situations when a situation needs, or an individual is unable to follow through on the referral(s) independently. Advocacy can include outbound calls to agencies, research, or other reasonable steps to facilitate service delivery to the client.
- Provides consistent and excellent customer service and follows core principles of CARE: Caring, Accurate and Resourceful, Every call. Meets established individual key performance indicators and benchmarks including, but not limited to, schedule adherence, call quality standards, and availability.
- Maintains accurate documentation of each client interaction, including client demographic information, services requested, information provided, referral(s) made, follow-up data by entering into Service Point database or other databases as contracts require.
- Required to work holidays as scheduled.
- Required to report to other designated location during times of emergencies and disaster.
- Participates actively in new hire training of approximately 80 hours.
- Participates in ongoing regular training, staff meetings, as well as coaching to enhance and maintain skills.
- Applies for Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) certification after completing necessary employment and experience criteria.
- Required to have and maintain sufficient internet service and related equipment. Other essential equipment will be provided.
- Required to have safe and private workspace conducive to maintaining client confidentiality.
- Other duties such as special projects or seasonal protocols as assigned.
- Must be customer service orientated in all communications and situations and demonstrate a commitment to excellence.
- Minimum of one year information and referral, contact center, social services, or related experience; knowledge of health and human services preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to provide services respectfully alongside all diverse populations.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks across multiple platforms, databases, and tools.
- Must work well within a virtual team setting, regularly and effectively utilizing communication and collaborative tools provided.
- Intermediate to advanced level computer skills required as multiple databases are utilized. Systems used include, but not limited to: ServicePoint, NICE inContact, Outlook, Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Microsoft Teams. Must be able to utilize key systems independently as prescribed for job assignments at the completion of new hire training.
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred but not required.
The ideal candidate demonstrates:
- A compassionate curious communication style, especially with clients
- Proactive problem solving, seeking to understand the root issue, not just the immediate problem
- Works to build trusting relationships with others
- Respect in all interactions
- Clear and effective explanation of processes in multiple ways
- Continuous learning
- Reflection for improvement and seeks authentic feedback
- Eagerness to adopt best practices
- Responds to communications in a timely manner
- Understands the impact their actions can have on others and manages conflicts effectively
- Cooperation and participation
- Flexibility with regular changes in resources, updates, fluctuations in call types and demands
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Required degree level
- High school
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience