United Way of Greater Cincinnati is focused on addressing some of our community’s most pressing challenges, like housing affordability, financial insecurity, and improving educational outcomes. While continuing to support immediate needs in the community, UWGC aims to change community conditions so less families experience challenges in the future. The Evaluation Manager will play a critical role in supporting UWGC’s evaluation functions to monitor impact, generate insights, and inform continuous learning and improvement. This role will support activities of United Way Knowledge Center by designing and developing evaluation projects, procedures and practices to inform UWGC’s systems change, policy and advocacy approaches. The role will also support knowledge management and thought leadership by contributing to a variety of external communications and bringing subject matter expertise on systems change, participatory evaluation and/or economic wellbeing.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage Evaluation Projects, Procedures and Processes
- Design and manage evaluation projects in close collaboration with impact team members and leadership.
- Support coordination of research and evaluation projects across the team.
- Ensure that evaluation and outcome monitoring activities and deliverables are executed in compliance with timelines, policies, and procedures.
- Assists with the development of materials and tools necessary to support monitoring and evaluation projects, policies/procedures and document learnings - such as case studies, instructional materials, and tutorial videos.
- Support Internal and External Capacity Building and Technical Assistance
- Provide technical assistance to UWGC and partner staff in data management, data collection, evaluation practices and output/ outcome monitoring.
- Serve as key internal contact for key community data and impact outcome data to ensure consistency with the use of data points in internal and external communication.
- Design and lead trainings and experiences to increase capacity around data, evaluation, consumer feedback, and application of best-practices to provide actionable insights to UWGC and community partners.
- Develop tools and compile information and resources to support individual partner capacity to track impact and develop evaluation plans.
- Support capacity of key UWGC colleagues and initiatives to better collect and evaluate data and community feedback.
- Support UWGC’s Thought leadership and Advocacy
- Inform United Way’s approach to outcome and evaluation for grantmaking efforts.
- Provide subject matter expertise to inform analysis of community data to use in U Way’s thought-leadership and advocacy efforts.
- Regularly review new research on best practices, promising models, etc. in support systems change and improving economic well-being.
- Review documentation and data from sources to ensure accuracy and appropriate citation.
- Assist with data analysis, synthesis, and reporting.
Core Competencies: Communication Skills (Written and Verbal), Initiative, Project Management and Organization, Interpersonal skills – Builds relationships, Dynamic Leadership, Organizational Commitment, Technology Proficient
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Five years of previous evaluation and monitoring experience, specific to social impact or delivery of services in the nonprofit sector, preferred.
- Experience with quality improvement models – such as six sigma, model for improvement, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create, grow and retain strong relationships with stakeholders and demonstration of analytical skills.
- Preferred experience with data analytics and visualization tools.
- Experience with Office Suite (Office 365, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SCRM desired.
- Public speaking, interpersonal skills, excellent written & verbal communication skills, and organizational ability to manage work responsibilities is required.
- Personal transportation required.
Salary starting mid $50’s plus competitive benefits package
Applicants should apply by Friday, October 20, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience