UNITED WAY OF WELD COUNTY POSITION DESCRIPTION
JOB LOCATION: Greeley, Colorado
SUPERVISOR: Lead Housing Coordinator
STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
Through the vision and support of United Way donors and volunteers, together we are building a better Weld County, one where:
- children are reading to learn by the start of fourth grade
- youth are working at good jobs by age 25
- families have stable housing
- older adults are aging well and
- people are connecting to the help they need.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBLITIES
The Housing Navigation Center (HNC) is a physical location where those experiencing homelessness receive help to regain housing and those at risk of homelessness are prevented from losing their housing. The Housing Coordinator will be based at the UWWC Housing Navigation Center (HNC) and responsible for providing case management and housing coordination for households experiencing homelessness. Housing Coordinators work with individuals that engage on site, as well as people identified through the Coordinated Assessment and Housing Placement (CAHPS) by-name list. Coordinators advocate to ensure the most vulnerable households experiencing homelessness in the community are connected to supports to find stable and permanent housing. Housing Coordinators will provide person-centered care to a household and work with them toward stability and self-sufficiency, with the ultimate goal of obtaining stable housing. Housing coordination is a collaborative approach where the worker and guest focuses on overcoming any challenges that may be preventing the household in obtaining stable housing. They will facilitate connections to community agencies to coordinate care and connect households to additional resources, and ensure households have ties to their community and support systems. Additionally, this position will work with the Outreach Coordinator to assist with targeted street outreach to people experiencing homelessness in our community.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes Housing First, trauma-informed care, person centered, and culturally competent principles when interacting with guests
- Provide housing navigation and housing-focused case management services to people experiencing homelessness on and off site.
- Complete intakes for people entering into services utilizing Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Utilize motivational interviewing to engage guests to developing holistic housing plans
- Works with households to identify and overcome barriers to housing
- Coordinate with community partners to ensure HNC guests are connecting to appropriate community resources
- Develop rapport and communication with both agency representatives and households
- Deescalate and mitigate any conflicts or concerns with guests
- Report and maintain documentation in compliance will all agency, state, and federal requirements, including HMIS data entry
- Keep files and documents organized, work with both paper documents and electronic files, and do routine tasks like data entry and organization
- Report regular case management updates
- Assist with regular HNC operations as needed, including occasional evening hours to assist guests at the overnight cold weather shelter, and potential weekend hours in the event expanded day shelter coverage due to extreme weather
United Way of Weld County General
- Support and promote the mission, values, goals and objectives of United Way, including representing United Way in professional organizations and the community (as assigned).
- Support fundraising efforts of United Way and activities that support United Way.
- Support United Way annual events, disaster response, and other activities as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings and in service opportunities.
- Contribute to organizational promotions including writing promotional copy, proofreading informational and campaign materials, participation in outreach, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience in health and human services, case management, or other related nonprofit experience
- Experience and willingness to work with highly vulnerable individuals and people experiencing homelessness
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills including one-on-one conversations
- Ability to multi-task with constantly changing priorities and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Case management and charting skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability and desire to work with people from various backgrounds and/or limited English capabilities
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
- Background check required
- Salary Range (h4): $18.03- $20.30
- $.48 per hour Spanish speaking differential
- Insurance options include voluntary medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, as well as automatic life insurance, and an available FSA plan.
- The leave plan includes vacation, sick, parental leave, short-term disability, and several paid holidays.
- The retirement plan is open to all employees after one year, and the employer contribution is determined by the Board of Directors.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT
United Way of Weld County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conducts its recruitment and hiring based solely upon job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please visit our website at https://www.unitedway-weld.org/careers to view the full job description and application instructions.
Send resume and cover letter to Jenny Shaw, Director of Housing Navigation Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2023 and will continue until position is filled.
Required degree level
- Associate Degree
Years of experience
- 1 - 2 years of experience
- $31,000 to $40,000 per year