In this leadership position on the Community Impact team, the Director, Impact will directly support United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s (UWGC) mission to build stronger economic mobility and well-being in Greater Cincinnati. We believe that transformational change is possible by working closely with community and partners to address the community conditions that hold families back from success. That’s why UWGC brings partners together, through key initiatives, to build networks aimed at creating positive change. The Director, Impact will play an important role in providing strategic leadership in UWGC’s efforts to build strong impact networks across Greater Cincinnati. Our networks, often referred to as key initiatives, provide the infrastructure to enable collaborative efforts with key partners and stakeholders aimed to implement new community solutions, strengthen capacity, reshape practices, inform policy change, and directly contribute to measurable change in the community.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Strategic Leadership of UWGC’s Impact Networks:
- Establish a shared framework for UWGC’s approach to building and growing impact networks in alignment with UWGC’s strategic framework, business plan and targeted milestones.
- Deepen community-voice and leadership across networks, including establishing a framework for network leadership, community feedback and engagement, and partner relationship mapping.
- Manage and coach impact team members who lead specific initiatives and impact networks, including supporting their professional development as content experts and community leaders.
- Support the application of relevant research and practices in network building and collaborative systems change in community across the UWGC team.
- Regularly assess the impact of networks, including identifying potential risks, opportunities for improvement and application of new insights.
- Collaborate with peers and the Development team, to support fundraising and resource development for UWGC’s networks key initiatives.
Team Collaboration and Operations:
- Provide support across the impact team to ensure rigorous project management, including documentation of projects and key actions through charters, SOPs, and regular evaluation.
- Collaboration closely with other leaders on the impact team to ensure collaboration across the team, cross-training and coordination.
Stakeholder Engagement and Communication:
- Play lead role in partner engagement and relationship management to establish and strengthen strategic relationships in support of impact.
- Report verbally and in writing regularly to internal teams, leaderships, and external stakeholders (including funding partners and other investors).
- Contribute to UWGC’s external communications through blog posts, project reports, and presentations.
- Foster a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of seven years of proven experience in program management or a related role.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional strategic leadership, problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in project management tools and practices.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area and nationally.
- A strategic thinker with a track record of building complex solutions/ programs and bringing them to life through strong implementation efforts.
- Deep experience of collaborating with external partners, including building shared visions and implementing solutions through collaborative approaches.
- Understanding of systemic challenges and strong cultural responsiveness – including experience and comfort in working with diverse groups and stakeholders, especially across socio-economic, gender and racial/ethnic identities.
- Highly organized and effective in executing against multiple goals.
- Ability to build relationships across the organization and leverage relationships to drive achievement of organizational goals.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, makes decisions based on accurate and timely data driven analysis.
- Proven experience and ability to lead, direct, coach and mentor teams in collaborative partnering to achieve goals.
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal, analytical and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Applicants should apply by Friday, October 20, 2023, via the link below:
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Required degree level
Years of experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience