Position Reports to: President & CEO of United Way of Greater Plymouth County
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday work week schedule with some evenings and weekends. Flexibility is available as warranted.
Classification: Full time, Exempt
Summary: Acts as a proactive liaison to United Way, the community, and partners by promoting support, positive communication, and outreach. Participates in community needs assessments and allocations processes to ensure the effectiveness of programs that address critical needs in the community. Supports the recruitment and active work of volunteers to assist with the mission of the organization. Represents and communicates United Way in a highly visible, positive manner as a collaborative, impactful and trustworthy organization. Maintains regular contact with United Way staff, and the Board of Directors as well as with donors, community partners, and other community stakeholders to provide information and guidance to maximize United Way’s visibility, viability, and community impact.
Essential Functions and Accountabilities:
Community Relations – 35%
- Directly coordinates and facilitates specific community coalitions, including but not limited to Brockton & Plymouth Community Health Network Areas.
- Promotes strong relationships with both member and non-member community health and human service organizations through positive communication and attendance at meetings and events.
- Liaison to Board Community Impact Committee, recruits and maintains Allocation Panelists, oversees RFP Process, including revising and collecting all forms and reports and managing online grant portal. Prepares spreadsheet with scores for Community Impact Committee and Board of Directors.
- Revises, issues, collects, and recaps all Year End Success Reports.
- Represents the United Way through membership and active involvement in community groups and organizations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a community needs assessment.
- Provides support to United Way community partners.
Publicity/Marketing – 35%
- Regularly produce and distribute press releases to local press outlets, radio, and cable to publicize United Way community involvement.
- Liaison to Board Marketing & Communications Committee.
- Maintains and updates United Way website and social media channels.
- Assists with public forums and special events to promote United Way community engagement.
- Designs, publishes, and distributes United Way e-newsletter.
- Designs and publishes Annual Report.
- Event coordination and support as part of United Way team, including, but not limited to, Annual Meetings, Kick Off/Day of Caring and other events.
- Designs Pledge Forms and other United Way campaign materials.
Volunteer Resource Development – 15%
- Maintain volunteer database to engage volunteers in meaningful volunteer opportunities.
- Provide ongoing training, support, and recognition of United Way of Greater Plymouth County volunteers.
- Provides ongoing communication to agencies and volunteers and provides leadership and management of United Way Day of Caring and other volunteer events.
- Provides overall supervision in conjunction with onsite work of volunteers at United Way.
Reporting and Record Keeping – 15%
Responsible for keeping accurate and organized records of all community impact activities in the Andar system, annual reports for United Way Worldwide, including Database 2, annual budgeting, and annual audit reports.
Assists in the day-to-day operations as needed.
- Strategic Thought – develops and executes strategic initiatives related to community impact and marketing.
- Leadership – effectively leads clearly defined marketing initiatives and creates a positive environment for volunteers, partners, and colleagues.
- Build and Maintain Community Relationships – creates meaningful relationships with community partners, UW Team, board, and volunteers to increase awareness of the local UW message.
- Results Driven – demonstrates results by reporting and analyzing data from community partners.
- Teamwork – works collaboratively with team members to create a positive and engaging work environment.
- Technical – Able to create documents using Microsoft software, especially PowerPoint and Excel plus demonstrated strength with social media channels.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, public or human services and a minimum of three years working or volunteering in human services or a related field are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, advanced interpersonal / relational skills, presentation skills, and computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt to change, ability to be flexible.
- Experience with donor base software preferred.
- Grant writing skills preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Experience with publishing, design, and simple video creation using software such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
- United Way experience preferred.
- Local travel in UWGPC’s service area and occasional evening and weekend appointments.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Moving tables or chairs to set up for presentations or activities.
- Carrying boxes of supplies or fliers for programs.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Access to a vehicle.
Accepting resumes and cover letters through 10/6/2023
Attention Dennis Carman, President & CEO
Email - email@example.com
Mail 934 West Chestnut Street, Brockton, MA 02301