United Way of King County is located in downtown Seattle, Washington. Our mission is to bring caring people together to give, volunteer, and take action to help people in need and solve our community’s toughest challenges. Together, we’re building a community where people have homes, students graduate and families are financially stable. Our four priority areas and goals include:
- Giving kids an equal chance: 80% of kids are ready for kindergarten
- Supporting youth: engage 50% of disconnected youth; and 60% of youth of color in the program gain college credits
- Building financial stability: alleviate poverty for 50,000 people; and 50% fewer food insecure kids in South King County
- Ending homelessness: reduce the number of unsheltered people by 50%
We’re proud of the talent we attract! Our Board and Senior Leadership Team are seasoned innovators with a profound commitment to making a difference in our community.
We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions.
We take pride in attracting a wide spectrum of talent that reflects the diversity and vibrancy of our community. We are committed to a positive and collaborative work environment where all employees are appreciated for who they are and what they contribute.
Our salaries are based on merit and performance, plus we offer a full package of competitive benefits, such as:
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance and employee assistance services
- Annual accrual of 20 days paid time off
- 10 paid scheduled holidays
- 1 floating holiday
- Catastrophic leave
- Subsidized Orca Card Transit pass
- Flex bus passes and access to a flex car
- Flexible spending accounts
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Defined Contribution 403(b) savings plan and discretionary employer contribution
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service. We welcome the unique skills of AmeriCorps, PeaceCorps, and other national service alumni.