An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Reports to: Senior Director, Development
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
The Workplace Engagement Manager will cultivate and grow a portfolio of key corporate accounts, and will supervise other staff-members in the attainment of goals for their respective portfolios. This position will work closely with the Senior Director of Development to ensure the team’s overall success in raising United Way Bay Area’s resources, visibility, and relevance in our community via the corporate workplace engagement channel through the bay area’s eight counties.
What you'll do:
- Develop strategy for each assigned workplace account and establish, in cooperation with the Senior Director, measurable goals and objectives to meet organization goals.
- Manage appropriate training/resources and timelines, provide direct support, i.e., speaking engagements, event facilitation, etc.
- Manage on-going relationships with key leadership, campaign representatives, and donors within assigned accounts. Conduct face to face visits and steward year-round.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new prospects and effectively explore accounts for additional new business opportunities outside of campaign season.
- Accurately forecast, monitor and prepare progress reports on all accounts in portfolio.
- Work closely with Finance/Pledge Processing Teams to set up ePledge accounts as applicable and to ensure all results are properly submitted and recorded.
- Provide high level, quality donor service by maintaining a positive and proactive relationship to all assigned workplace campaigns and individuals; maintain thorough communication logs in Salesforce.
- Manage volunteers, key board members and organization stakeholders who will assist with the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with account representatives, donors, and prospects to identify their philanthropic interests and increase their knowledge and support of UWBA.
- Collaborate strategically with Individual Giving, Corporate Grants, Volunteer, Event and/or Program teams to execute opportunities identified within accounts.
- Manage, advise and support 1-2 supervisee(s) toward fulfillment of each of the above responsibilities pertaining to their portfolios. Serve as conduit to Senior Director by providing regular updates and progress reports.
- Hire, train, and supervise 4-5 temporary fundraising staff (Campaign Fellows). Plan and facilitate the training week calendar, including on- and off-site sessions, in coordination with cross-department presenters.
- Plan and execute all aspects of Employee Campaign Coordinator Training, including online availability of Best Practices for ECCs
Who you are:
- Four- year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years+ experience direct fundraising, salary commensurate with experience. United Way experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous tasks and customer relationships.
- Strong donor focus; understanding of how to effectively manage ongoing donor relations.
- Supervisory and project management experience strongly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - including public speaking - and solid relationship management skills at all levels in an organization.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, ability to get job done.
- Strong computer skills including above average competency on Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with CRM tools; experience with Salesforce strongly desired.
- Other non-profit/philanthropic experience/demonstrated interest desirable.
- A California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter