United Way of El Paso County is committed to improving the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact education, health, basic needs, and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
The Workforce Development Coordinator supports the mission of United Way of El Paso County (UWEPC) by developing strategies to grow, support and enhance the Skills for Success Program (SSP).
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Skills for Success Program
- Manage all aspects of the Skills for Success Program (SSP) communication:
- Coordinate meetings with UWEPC staff, AmeriCorps members, Health and Human Services (HHSC) and WorkForce Solutions Borderplex to ensure consistent and effective flow of information.
- Serve as the liaison and main point of contact for SSP.
- Serve as the site manager for the UWEPC Community Partner Program Site.
- Ensure consistent communication between Workforce Solutions Borderplex, AmeriCorps Resource Navigators and PAT family participants enrolled in SSP.
- Ensure all needed documentation is provided to participants and tracked by UWEPC staff in case of audit by HHSC.
- Create and disseminate program materials including informational fliers, letters, reports and client surveys.
- Create and maintain SSP webpage in cooperation with UW department of Marketing and Communication. Create social media posts to regarding SSP recruitment and information-sharing focused towards engaging participants, partners and donors.
- Manage the SSP budget and keep track of all expenditures, including purchase orders and receipts.
- Collect, organize, and report data related to SSP, including sensitive participant information. Create a final report each year summarizing data and results.
- Assist with seeking out funding opportunities and developing grant proposals related to the SSP.
- Complete all trainings associated with the Community Partner Program and ensure all necessary documentation is provided to Health and Human Services to maintain the program.
- Create client satisfaction surveys and coordinate dissemination to SSP participants.
Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to human resources, economic development, public relations, communications, or social services, plus two years of volunteer or work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the duties of the position.
Knowledge of the non-profit sector is a plus.
Successful candidate must also embody personal attributes of honesty, integrity, professional behavior, tact, sense of urgency, and sense of humor.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of early morning, evening, and weekend work.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES:
- Experience working in collaborative environments and cross functionally to achieve goals.
- Strong project management, process improvement, or other applicable experience.
- Strong analytical skills using data to support decisions.
- Problem-solver and self-starter who initiates solutions; collaborates and negotiates effectively with team members, partners, and stakeholders. Strong ability to distill and communicate complex issues and concepts to others.
- Personal attributes of honesty, integrity, professional behavior, tact, sense of urgency, and sense of humor.
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Intermediate knowledge of social media and website management platforms i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Wix; Intermediate knowledge of virtual meeting platforms i.e. Zoom, GoTo Meeting, FaceBook Live, Microsoft Teams; Intermediate knowledge of case management software and workflow.
- Equity Mindset
- Network Mindset
- Learning Mindset
- Think Strategically
Applies appropriate strategic logic to decisions and initiatives. Identifies efforts that will have the greatest strategic impact.
- Promote Collaboration
Fosters a sense of teamwork, leverages differences, and facilitates the effective interaction and contribution of others to achieve goals.
- Engage and Inspire
Articulates and inspires commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Inspire Trust
Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership and sound business ethics.
Champions new ideas and initiatives and creates an environment that supports innovation.
- Focus on Community
Ensures the delivery of exceptional service and value to the communities we serve.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.