United Way Worldwide is looking for an individual who is passionate about creating incredible web experiences for the Digital Services program. As the Web Manager, you will be laser focused on continually improving and evolving the Digital Services’ owned website to provide seamless user experiences. You will think about the user at every decision point and will have a knack for understanding user behavior, analyzing user data, and establishing strategies to maximize overall impact. As the Web Manager, you will be responsible for leading web projects to enable United Way’s web properties to provide best-in-class user experiences. You will be a key-driver of Digital Services’ individual engagement strategy. UX, web design, reporting analytics, CRM integration, and development experiences, at some level, are a plus. Must be comfortable working within a CMS. Knowledge of Salesforce CRM, Google Analytics/Ads/Tag Manager/UTMs, retargeting/remarketing and web APIs are necessary. You will also be responsible for the overall delivery of assigned work projects within the Group/Team; determine work tactics, project deliverables, and resource requirements; and, participate in the development of Group action plans, work processes, and systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Prioritize the user and organizational objectives at all decision points.
- Manage the full life-cycle of assigned sites, from asset-gathering and acceptance to site build-out, promotion, timelines, evergreening, maintenance, and sunsetting.
- Ensure United Way Worldwide’s brand standards on all web projects.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the United Way web and mobile publishing process and tools, and use this to inform production timelines.
- Oversees updating and formatting web content as needed.
- Assist with development projects for ExpressionEngine, Craft CMS and others as necessary and manage development on large-scale projects that utilize external vendors or contractors.
- Be the product expert on United Way’s digital presence. Offer expertise to internal and external stakeholders on product integrations, feasibility, upgrading as appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create incredible web experiences that grow traffic and engagement to content by adopting user experience, information architecture, social media integration, and search engine optimization (SEO) best-practices.
- Track and analyze website traffic trends and use findings to make data-driven decisions about editorial content.
- Monitor web traffic, performance and capacity to identify, prevent, and resolve issues.
- Develop processes to increase workflow efficiency and general web team productivity. Maintain a backlog of product updates gathered from engaging internal and external audiences and organize into sprint schedules, collaboration with IT and Comms partners.
- Constantly develop new ideas for engaging online communities.
- Provide direct support for online fundraising and donor management efforts.
- Provide direct support for integrated marketing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications, or commensurate experience.
- Three years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated success at managing website projects and digital campaigns.
- Experience with web writing, graphic design, CMS management, and marketing are a plus.
- Deep familiarity with online marketing practices.
- Experience managing an online community.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build consensus and partnerships, a team player with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to craft/execute online engagement campaigns in support of overall business objectives.
- Working knowledge of web analytics applications (such as Google Analytics, Salesforce CRM, AWS web environments), Google Ads/Search engine campaign creation, general UTM creation/tracking and SEO knowledge.
- Understanding of web technologies and trends.
- Basic graphic design/photo editing skills.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.