United Way Worldwide is looking for an individual who is passionate about creating incredible web experiences. As the Manager, Web Development you will be laser focused on continually improving and evolving United Way Worldwide’s owned websites to provide maximum brand exposure and great experiences for members of our online communities. You will think about the user at every decision point and will have a knack for understanding user behavior, analyzing user data and establishing strategies to maximize overall impact. As the Manager, Web Development you will be responsible for leading web projects to enable UnitedWay.org, along with United Way Worldwide’s other owned web properties, to provide best-in-class user experiences. You will be a key-driver of United Way Worldwide’s individual engagement strategy. UX, web design and development experiences, at some level, are a plus. Must be comfortable working within a CMS (ExpressionEngine). You will also be responsible for the overall delivery of assigned work projects within the department/team; determines work tactics, project deliverables and resource requirements; and participates in the development of departmental action plans, work processes and systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Prioritize the user and organizational objectives at all decision points.
- Manage the full life-cycle of assigned sites, from asset-gathering and acceptance to site build-out, promotion, timelines, evergreening, maintenance and sunsetting.
- Ensure United Way Worldwide’s brand standards on all web projects.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the United Way web and mobile publishing process and tools, and use this to inform production timelines.
- Oversees updating and formatting web content as needed.
- Develop for ExpressionEngine, Drupal and Craft Content Management Systems (CMS) and others as necessary and manage development on large-scale projects that utilize external vendors or contractors.
- Be the product expert on United Way’s digital presence. Offer expertise to internal and external stakeholders on product integrations, feasibility, upgrading as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, Digital Services, Information Technology and special initiatives staff, among others, to create incredible web experiences that grow traffic and engagement to content by adopting user experience, information architecture, social media integration and search engine optimization (SEO) best-practices.
- Track and analyze website traffic trends and use findings to make data-driven decisions about editorial content.
- Monitors web traffic, performance and capacity to identify, prevent and resolve issues.
- Develop processes to increase workflow efficiency and general web team productivity. Maintain a backlog of product updates gathered from engaging internal and external audiences and organize into sprint schedules.
- Constantly develop new ideas for engaging online communities.
- Provide direct support for online fundraising and donor management efforts.
- Provide direct support for email marketing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience. At least three years of experience in a similar role. Demonstrated success at managing website projects and digital campaigns. Experience with web writing, graphic design, CMS management, and marketing are a plus. Deep familiarity with social media, viral engagement and online marketing practices also desired. Experience managing an online community. Excellent writing and editing skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build consensus and partnerships; a team player with the ability to work independently. Ability to craft/execute online engagement campaigns in support of overall business objectives. Working knowledge of web analytics applications (like Google Analytics), Google/Search engine campaign creation and general SEO knowledge; Google Ad Words. Understanding of web technologies and trends. Basic graphic design / photo editing skills. Experience managing third party stakeholders and agencies is preferred, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.