United Way United Way of King County is committed to working for a racially just community where all people have homes, students graduate, and families are financially stable. We believe that having staff, volunteers, and supporters that represent diverse backgrounds will allow us to better accomplish our mission. We continue to work diligently to ensure that the field of philanthropy is welcoming to diverse communities. We strive to have a diverse staff and particularly encourage Black and Indigenous people, and people of color to apply and be part of our team.
Our culture fosters collaboration, teamwork, open communication, leadership, integrity, and accountability.
The Web Developer and UX Strategist is responsible for creating and maintaining an engaging web and mobile presence that supports United Way of King County’s communication, fundraising, and racial equity goals. The position is responsible for the organization’s website as well as overseeing other hosted websites that serve targeted audiences. The role serves as the liaison to external vendors to ensure an up-to-date design as well as day-to-day operations including updating content. The position contributes passionately to United Way’s mission to bring the community together to work toward racial justice. The annual salary range is $84,582 – 86,462 DOE. This position is open until filled.
• Works proactively as part of the Creative Team to determine user-needs and suggests innovative solutions.
• Recommends and implements new approaches that enhance the user experience, highlighting United Way’s mission and encouraging engagement with the organization’s programs.
• Optimizes user experience and site content for ranking in search engines including HTML, site structure, page layout, and navigation.
• Builds email marketing campaigns in collaboration with writers and
marketing data analyst.
• Performs ongoing maintenance of WordPress website.
• Interfaces with external customers and vendors regarding website needs; works to develop new features based on client needs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated clear understanding of social and racial justice and equity, with a proven commitment to apply racial and economic justice lenses in both personal and workplace contexts.
• Lived experience and/or demonstrated professional skills working within a diverse work environment.
• Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with WordPress/PHP, HTML, CSS,
• Proven knowledge of email marketing and best practices for email
• Demonstrated knowledge of SEO best practices and responsive design.
• Demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing and design, user experience and web accessibility best practices.
• Proven basic proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Demonstrated intermediate to advance Microsoft Office Suite skills.
• Proven understanding of brand management.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proven team player and collaborator.
• Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and good judgement.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of Photoshop or other platforms used to create basic graphic content.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, specializing in computer science, information systems, business administration, or a related discipline.
Must have at least three years’ experience in web-based product development. WordPress experience a plus. UWKC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
United Way of King County values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages individuals who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color to apply.