This position will develop and lead all work related to wealth creation and equity. United Way is committed to closing the racial wealth gap and facilitating economic prosperity for all. This work includes the development and advancement of Prosperity Coaching as well as leadership in the Fresno DRIVE initiative. This candidate must be able to have vision and implement. This position is instrumental for the execution of the organization’s commitment to close the racial wealth gap and works across departments for program development.
All the responsibilities listed below are considered essential functions of this position. Additionally, this position is expected to ensure adherence to the core operating values and the strategic direction of the United Way.
- Leads the development, implementation, and monitoring of the Prosperity Coaching initiative
- Advises the CEO and Leadership Team on racial equity, diversity and inclusion strategies, internal and external
- Coordinates and collaborates with the United Way Leadership Team on shared and overlapping projects related to wealth creation and equity
- Staffs the DRIVE Wealth Creation taskforce
- Partners with local agencies to align and advance wealth creation and equity in the community
- Provides analysis and expertise on legislation, public policies, and other issues related to wealth creation and equity
- Develops new partnerships and strategies to advance wealth creation
- Interfaces with funders
- Regularly presents to community leaders and others
- Develops plans and guiding documents
- Recruits and supervises staff, consultants, and interns
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Deep experience in and knowledge of the areas of financial stability, economic prosperity, and equity
- Experience with inclusive decision-making and processes that include community members
- Knowledge of public policy
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset for program design, partnership development and the ability to implement
- Ability to work across sectors and audiences including communities of color, educational institutions, government entities, and agencies serving vulnerable communities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (including lived experience)
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook and Internet
- Valid CA Driver’s License
See attached Physical Requirements.
Supervise department staff and interns
The typical work environment is in-doors in an office with air conditioning/heat with a mixture of natural, incandescent and florescent light with some outdoor work for events, largely for outreach or campaign and driving across Fresno and Madera Counties and occasionally for work-related travel out of area. Typical noise levels of indoor building with open shared space. This is sometimes muted with closed doors, carpeting and wall panels, but when there are events in the main spaces (like the Multi-purpose room or Free Tax Preparation season), it can get noisy during these special 3 events or seasons. The travel across Fresno and Madera Counties is typically to staff an outdoor event, attend a public or partner meeting or event. Some of these are indoor and some are outdoor with exposure to weather and temperature extremes and moderate to high noise levels. This position requires the ability to work with others both in small and large group settings. At times this position may include periods of extended physical activity such as working/standing and/or moving and setting up equipment. Employee should be able to lift up to approximately 50 lbs. Employee is frequently required to meet multiple demands of several people and multiple deadlines or time sensitive projects. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every activity or job function specific to a position as special projects arise and funding changes (which impacts day to day work). An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed in the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
United Way Fresno and Madera Counties does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, origin, gender, national origin, age, marital status, military service, disability or sexual orientation. Reasonable accommodation provided upon request. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to pass a background screening and submit to any required tests to screen for illegal drug and alcohol use prior to appointment. Application evaluation may involve interviews, written tests and/or other appropriate screening tools. The signature below constitutes applicants understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.