Summary: To plan, coordinate and direct the activities of the Resource Development Department towards the development and implementation of aggressive multi-year plans designed to provide the necessary financial resources to achieve organizational goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Lead and manage the affairs of the Resource Development Department to include budgeting, strategic planning, staff management and leadership to meet annual and long-term financial goals
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Implement fundraising best practices to maximize revenue and develop partnership opportunities throughout the local business community
- Facilitate timely communication externally and internally with staff, management and volunteers on all aspects of the campaign collaborating with the Communications Department as needed
- Plan, develop and coordinate United Way campaigns for key and unique accounts
- Establish procedures and methodologies to ensure staff meet established campaign goal
- Cultivate relationships with Campaign Cabinet members and volunteers providing training and project management
- Collaborate with the Campaign Cabinet to establish annual campaign goals
- Provide strategic review and analysis of accounts with Resource Development team to set goals, objectives and work plans necessary to maximize fundraising efforts and volunteer support
- Provide leadership and oversight of the Loaned Executive Recruitment
- Participate in various internal and external committees and professional organizations
- Staff a Community Investment Team
- Follow all organization’s policies, practices, and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Directly supervises Resource Development Team including Resource Development Managers. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical, financial and legal documents. Ability to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, recordkeeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets and graphics
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle a rigorous schedule of deadlines
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Includes sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Travel Demands: Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel to worksites and community based meetings and events
Disaster Response: Every United Way of Central Florida employee is a disaster response worker and is expected to work any time when the Polk County Emergency Support Function (ESF) is activated. It is expected that all employees will work in their disaster response roles as assigned after they have assessed the welfare of their families and the safety of their own surroundings.