Benefits (The Good Stuff)
- Exempt (Salary): 3 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- Non-Exempt (Hourly): 2 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 PTO Paid Days
- Competitive Health Benefits Package
- Wellness Program Reimbursements up to $50/month
- Long Term Disability at NO COST
- Life Insurance & AD&D 2X Annual Salary at NO COST
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan UP TO 6% Employer Funding
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Monthly Transit Card
*Vacation amounts may vary based on roles, schedules, and years of service.
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami, Inc. is hiring for a VP, Marketing & Communications to join our Marketing and Communications team. As VP, Marketing & Communications will be responsible for strategically aligning the marketing, communications, public relations, creative and brand management functions. Provides ongoing leadership and management of the Marketing and Communications teams. They will also be responsible for increasing brand awareness, engagement, and visibility to support continued mission growth.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the organization’s marketing, branding, media, public relations, campaign promotion, market research, crisis communication, and marketing-related customer relationship activities, all essential to enhancing the organization’s brand reputation and community support.
- Manages, develops, and mentors department personnel for professional and organizational growth.
- Functions as the senior point of contact for external agencies, consultants, and organizational partners.
- Works closely with the team to develop and drive marketing and communications strategies.
- Monitors and advises the President & CEO, leadership team, and key constituents on issues of organizational importance and for creating, communicating, executing, and sustaining strategic initiatives in support of the United Way Miami mission.
- Supports CEO communications, interviews, and speaking engagements.
- Oversee all aspects of marketing and communications, including branding, advertising, collateral materials, direct mail, email, sponsorship, and partner development, etc.
- Responsible for key corporate communications vehicles like annual reports, newsletters, speechwriting, and social media
- Develops proactive marketing and public relations programs to place stories and garner favorable coverage, generating content and stories that can be used for communications purposes across multi-platforms.
- Collaborate across the organization, leveraging resources, staff, and volunteers to expand the reach of the brand.
- Develop and execute a strategy to engage partners, including celebrities, businesses, sports teams, media outlets, and others to build the brand locally.
- Oversees development of all messaging and materials for the annual community fundraising campaign, including ePledge online donating and third-party processors’ content
- Works with the Business Solution team to identify and implement marketing automation tools to effectively develop customer journeys.
- Leads and recruits for Marketing committee and leverages professional relationships to access local marketing professionals’ expertise for developing effective UWM marketing strategies.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the UWM website, production of advertising, organizational videos, digital, and print collateral.
- Oversees development and evolution of organizational emails and newsletters.
- Cultivates and maintains positive, productive relationships with board members, volunteers, community and business leaders, investors, stakeholders, senior staff, employees, and agencies; matches volunteer talent to service opportunities that will strengthen the relationship and be mutually beneficial.
- Provides collaborative leadership and direction of organization’s staff and volunteer responses during times of community crisis or disaster; coordinates organization’s efforts with those of Miami-Dade County Office of Emergency Management (ESF-15) requirements.
Education Requirements: Graduate degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field with 10 years of experience, or bachelor’s degree with 12 years of experience.
Experience Requirements: Experience must include proven track-record in marketing and communications disciplines and strategic management.
Technology Requirements: Microsoft Office Suite; Teams; Outlook; Adobe; Zoom; others.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Ability to provide an important strategic perspective; skills to hire quality & committed individuals, management skills, customer service abilities & public speaking. Excellent leadership, collaboration and development skills.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, please visit our Career site homepage to view our EEO statement and Drug-Free policy.