Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami, Inc. is hiring for a VP, Major and Planned Gifts to join our team. As a VP, Major and Planned Gifts you will develop and build relationships with donors in the community who give $10,000 or more to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way Miami.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute the process of administering all aspects of United Way’s Tocqueville Society and Million Dollar Roundtable including solicitation process, prospecting, stewarding and retention of those relationships. Oversee successful implementation of recognition and retention strategies. Ensure Tocqueville and Major Gifts goals are reached or surpassed.
- Oversee prospecting, research and solicitation for Major Gift individual prospects.
- Manage and lead Endowment and planned giving staff to deliver goals and activities for Endowment work including Endowment campaign, professional advisors, and Loyal Contributor Programs.
- Raise dollars for key initiatives including Center for Excellence in Early Education/Early Head Start partnership, Center for Financial Stability and Mission United.
- Responsible for the supervision of subordinate employees, which includes training, developing, measuring performance, disciplining and directing tasks. Has authority to hire, transfer, promote, compensate, or terminate subordinate employees or recommend such actions.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred.
Experience Requirements: Five years of experience in individual fundraising.
Technology Requirements: Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, Outlook and Andar. Takes the responsibility to learn & use technology to increase one’s own productivity and keeps technical skills up to date. Maintains accurate and current data files.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Must be a results driven self-starter; possess excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to negotiate; ability to provide leadership and strategic perspective. Strong customer service, management and development skills required; ability to engage in public speaking. Spanish language not a requirement but helpful.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, to view our EEO statement, Drug-Free policy and Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage (bottom section).