The Volunteer Manager and Relationship Liaison is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer needs and opportunities internally with United Way and also externally with companies and individual donors looking for community projects. This position is also the lead staff for the Emerging Leaders affinity group.
- Actively participates with United Way Relationship Managers (RM’s) and Employer Campaign Coordinator’s (ECC’s) to help align corporate engagement with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships, where appropriate, to develop and/or utilize volunteers. Promotes, coordinates and manages all mini Days of Caring and impact experiences. Promotes principles and values of volunteering.
- Responds to all volunteer inquiries received by the Volunteer Center through the United Way website and tracks details.
- Works with Volunteer Center staff in recruiting projects and teams for the annual United Way Day of Caring. Project manages all Cornerstone Accounts for the Day of Caring.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment and stewardship of volunteers for the board, various committees, and departments for United Way of GLV.
- Manage Emerging Leaders steering committee and other Emerging Leaders’ committees, assisting in the strategy to grow and engage the group.
- Maintains updated records on all corporate engagement opportunities and connections.
- Serves as the liaison between the Volunteer Center & United Way.
- Strong customer service/ Responsiveness
- Communication proficiency with various stakeholders, including donors, corporate executives and non-profit executives.
- Collaboration Skills/ Relationship Building
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity, familiarity with database software and donor management software.
- Time Management.
This job operates in a professional office environment, off site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The position will also be working between two locations of the Volunteer Center and United Way’s offices.
The position will report directly to Karen Smith, CEO of the Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley and will be co-managed by Rebecca McAtee of the United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening and weekend events may be required as job duties demand. There are 10 annual paid holidays. Vacation Pay = 2 weeks the first year.
Travel is primarily local during the business day. Transportation is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, communication or related field and/or work experience in field.
- Three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as volunteer coordinator for public or nonprofit employer.
- Prior experience creating and implementing volunteer programs and training.
- Background Checks Required & Child Abuse Clearances
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send your resume electronically to:
Karen Smith, Chief Executive Officer
Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley