Volunteer and Event Manager will be responsible for planning, leading and executing United Way of Northwest Indiana’s volunteer engagement and events management program. Success in this role requires the ability to be a self-starter, have excellent project management skills and possess a passion for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Community Impact and Development Team to implement volunteer engagement and event plans that align with organizational goals.
- Work cross-functionally with other staff members and departments to establish goals, develop messaging and execute all assigned tactics.
- Ensure timely deployment of initiatives by managing partners/vendors, budgets, timelines and processes.
- Work with marketing team to provide promotion content.
- Monitor, track and report engagement/results, making improvement recommendations based on analysis.
- Maintain, update and expand our regional volunteer website - nwivolunteer.org - presence in the community. Work with individuals, businesses and community organizations. Train partners on how to utilize the system. Solicit partner projects to post to website.
- Work with the Development Team to run corporate volunteer engagement projects, such as kit builds and program drives, handling volunteer engagement, project logistics and day-of implementation.
- Oversee and implement volunteer-driven program initiatives, such as emergency/disaster relief services, education programs and food giveaways, to ensure implementation success. Recruit volunteers as needed and manage volunteers accordingly.
- Handle all day-to-day operations to execute full-scale events program. Ensure efficient timeline, successful delivery and proper evaluation of outcomes. Event types include, but are not limited to, fundraising events, volunteer events, partner events and in-person/virtual meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience and/or training in event planning and implementation, marketing and communications experience a plus.
- Proven track record successfully creating, managing, and implementing events and working with outside vendors and sponsors.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, online meeting platforms (i.e. Zoom) and web platforms, Adobe Creative Cloud and graphic design skills a plus.
- Highly organized and analytical with a growth mindset.
- Ability to establish strong internal and external relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-focused, strong cross-functional project management skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to handle ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Professional in appearance and manner.
- Works well with people, team player, able to take direction and work independently.
- Possesses high moral and ethical standards.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable of Northwest Indiana event venues and vendors a plus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We do not discriminate against age, sex, gender, pronouns, race, disability, pregnancy, marital or parental status, political ideology, creed, sexual orientation, or religious background, etc. Your ability and passion are infinitely more important to us.
- Strategic collaborator
- Effective and engaging communicator
- Critical thinker and creative problem-solver
- Efficient planner and implementer
- Change manager
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Typical physical work demands require, but not limited to, ability to sit, stand, lift, move objects, walk, drive. The employee may need to be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Typical office environment with minimal noise from office equipment i.e., printers. Frequently employee must drive to fulfill requirements of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
TRAVEL: Travel is primarily local and happens during work hours, with the occasional night event. Reliable transportation is required. The employee must provide own transportation and insurance coverage. Organization will reimburse mileage.