United Way of Weld County
Through the vision and support of United Way donors and volunteers, together we are building a better Weld County, one where:
- children are reading to learn by the start of fourth grade
- youth are working at good jobs by age 25
- families have stable housing
- older adults are aging well and
- people are connecting to the help they need.
The Community Engagement Coordinator works closely with all departments at United Way of Weld County to create community awareness of United Way volunteer and engagement opportunities and programs. The primary function of this role is to catalyze volunteer engagement county-wide. The coordinator oversees all volunteer efforts, be they for internal United Way purposes, to increase donor engagement with individuals or businesses, or to increase capacity and volunteer opportunities at other organizations. The position is supervised by the Director of Communications and Executive Support.
- Manage volunteer systems that support individuals, groups and agencies in developing volunteer profiles that reflect their interests and agency volunteer opportunities.
- Provide one on one excellent customer service to volunteers individually and for groups to be matched to volunteer opportunities in the community.
- Maximize the use of electronic systems for matching community volunteers to opportunities.
- Promote volunteerism and provide leadership for excellent non-profit management in the community.
- Serve as a lead staff in coordinating volunteer opportunities for employee groups.
- Coordinate volunteer events including corporate volunteer projects and quarterly volunteer events.
- Build and support volunteer programs at UWWC program locations, specifically the Housing Navigation Center, including the cold weather shelter and the Covering Weld Diaper Bank
- Work closely with volunteer managers in other departments at UWWC to develop excellence in volunteer management.
- Work closely with Philanthropy in meeting needs of corporate volunteerism.
- Work as a positive professional on the United Way of Weld County team with commitment to the mission, values, policies and procedures, goals and strategies.
- Represent United Way of Weld County in the following committees: DOVIA (Directors of Volunteers in Agencies); CVCN (Colorado Volunteers Center Network); Weld Project Connect – Volunteer Engagement; Northern Colorado Children’s Festival – Volunteer Engagement.
- Social media content creation and posting on all United Way social media channels
- Represent United Way of Weld County as a positive professional.
- During times of emergency or disaster, all United Way staff will be re-assigned to duties and responsibilities outlined in the United Way Crisis Communications Plan.
- Assume additional duties and responsibilities as needed for successful achievement of United Way mission, program goals and program strategies.
United Way of Weld County General
- Support and promote the mission, values, goals and objectives of United Way, including representing United Way in professional organizations and the community (as assigned).
- Support fundraising efforts of United Way and activities that support United Way.
- Support United Way annual events, disaster response, and other activities as assigned.
- Participate in staff meetings and in service opportunities.
- Contribute to organizational promotions including writing promotional copy, proofreading informational and campaign materials, participation in outreach, etc.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills including group presentations, training, and one-on-one conversations.
- Self-motivated; proven excellent performance standards and quality of work.
- High energy and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities and excellent follow-through skills; develop goals and action plans; handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Above-average written communications.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Public speaking ability.
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, attention to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- People management skills, including but not limited to previous supervision of staff or volunteers financial management, including managing an operational budget.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in administration, management or human resource field preferred or three years’ experience in volunteer engagement-related work.
- Computer experience and ability including Microsoft Office.
- Graphics design experience.
- Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
- Background check required
- Pay Range (H5): $19.38-22.26 per hours
- Reports to: Director of Communication & Executive Support
- Eligible for remote work: Yes
- Insurance options include voluntary medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, as well as automatic life insurance, and an available FSA plan.
- The leave plan includes vacation, sick, parental leave, short-term disability, and at least 14 paid holidays.
- The retirement plan is open to all employees after one year, and the employer contribution is determined by the Board of Directors.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT
United Way of Weld County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and conducts its recruitment and hiring based solely upon job-related qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
Please visit our website at https://www.unitedway-weld.org/careers to view the full job description and application instructions. Applications submitted through any online job boards will not be reviewed.
Send resume and cover letter to Nicole Quinn, Director of Communications and Executive Support, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on October 5, 2023, and will continue until position is filled.