Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator - Local Candidates Only
Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director, Strategic Impact
Date: August 2018
Summary: Creates, promotes and supports high-quality volunteer experiences for corporate partners and community members. Must be able to accommodate evening and weekend scheduling for volunteer events.
• Recruits and connects community members to volunteer opportunities, events and projects.
• Collaborates with Marketing Department staff to promote volunteer opportunities, events and projects.
• Collaborates with Resource Development staff to identify date-specific group service projects for campaign company employees. Provides support for agency tours, speakers and campaign presentations for company employees.
• Develops and nurtures relationships with local agencies.
• Posts volunteer opportunities on Hands-On. Tracks volunteer hours in Hands-On as part of Salesforce.
• Works with Marketing Department staff to ensure Manatee area volunteer opportunities are included in the VolunTimes magazine.
• Writes project description for volunteer engagement events.
• Coordinates large scale volunteer initiatives such as Day of Caring, Stuff the Bus, etc.
• Plans and leads assigned volunteer and engagement site projects assigned by the Director. Partners with team members to assist with planning and execution of other volunteer events as needed.
• Provides procurement support to the Director and Volunteer Experience Manager(s) to ensure cost-effective and efficient sourcing of project materials.
• Cultivates relationships and manages regular communication with local agencies, schools, and nonprofits to maintain project inventory for individual and corporate volunteers.
• Assists in the planning and execution of Volunteer Appreciation activities.
• Completes engagement and impact reports.
• Recruits volunteers and develops volunteer leaders for Community Impact initiatives, including ReadingPals, See Spot Read Spot and VITA programs.
• Tracks and reports outcomes for initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Community volunteers.
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of BA or BS degree or comparable work experience. A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of project management, event planning or volunteer management is preferred.
Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management, Community Relations and/or Sales and Marketing, and Project Management.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening, interpersonal, persuasion, and presentation skills required. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required. Business writing and supervisory skills necessary. Strong administrative and operational skills essential.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, news articles and professional publications. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high profile decision makers. Fluency in Spanish is desired.
Computer Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems preferred.
Presentations Skills: Excellent public speaking and presentation skills needed.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Other Skills: Problem solving capabilities and cultural diversity skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. There may be additional physical requirements associated with volunteer event. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
United Way Suncoast is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way Suncoast will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.