Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is a fundamental part of our mission, throughout our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
This position supports the needs and activities of the Volunteer and Community Engagement (VCE) team, including but not limited to database management and reporting, volunteer project support and administrative/operational support.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Database Management and Reporting
- Compile and analyze volunteer data to develop and complete reports tracking department activities and KPI’s.
- Manage volunteer tracking software, including the collection, input and reporting of volunteer data.
- Ensure volunteer data is consistently and accurately synced with the CRM platform, StratusLive.
- Create and maintain VCE marketing lists in StratusLive.
- Support, attend and staff all signature volunteer events and select corporate volunteer events, including participation in planning meetings as needed.
- Manage registration and check-in process for all United Way volunteer events, continuously improving the process using available technology and tools.
- Manage all DIY project requests, working with the volunteer and recipient agency to coordinate item delivery when project is complete.
- Coordinate program logistics for the “Meet ALICE” poverty simulation, including organizing supplies and materials in the simulation kit, and recruiting volunteers for resource roles.
- Coordinate program logistics and donor communication for the Stuff the Bus school supply drive and holiday gift and food drives.
- Deliver supplies to Full Service School sites and community partners.
- Ensure volunteers are acknowledged, thanked and surveyed in a timely manner.
- Create volunteer hour verification documents when needed.
- Serve as first contact for incoming volunteer phone and email inquiries.
- Maintain VCE calendar.
- Maintain VCE storage areas.
- Maintain digital and physical filing systems (if applicable).
- Develop and submit VCE content for the weekly internal email, Monday Message.
- Regularly monitor and update Volunteer Hub content, in coordination with the Marketing team.
- Collect and submit photos, videos and content from volunteer events for ongoing Marketing use.
- Monitor the VCE budget, tracking the status of check requests and invoices.
- Send meeting notices, maintain VCE calendar, prepare room, take/transcribe minutes, provide day-of support, etc.
- Assist with correspondence to volunteers and VCE Council members.
- Assist in the development and distribution of annual volunteer and partner surveys.
- Maintain office supplies inventory. If applicable, check stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, evaluating new office products, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferred or a minimum of three years administrative support experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills/abilities (i.e., having to establish, manage and meet deadlines).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, i.e., Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and in video conferencing tools.
- Database management and input.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently, selecting and applying appropriate reference tools/materials to complete the project/task.
- Strong customer service skills; ability to establish excellent rapport with co-workers, general public, volunteers and donors.
- Curiosity, desire to learn and passionate about building a stronger community.
- Ability to embrace change and create process and order in the midst of it.
- Maintain donor and partner relations.
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. The employee may also be asked to stand or be on their feet for long periods of time. Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. Duties may also require the employee to lift heavy boxes, pack vehicles, climb ladders, etc.
The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.