UNITED WAY OF LEE, HENDRY, & GLADES COUNTIES
Position Title: Volunteer Center Manager
Supervisor: Vice President, United Way Volunteer Center
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 – 55,000 DOE
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Application Deadline: June 20, 2022
Submit Cover Letter and Resume: Patrice@UnitedWaylee.org
United Way of Lee, Hendry, & Glades (UWLHG) is a volunteer-driven organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for all people in our community. This is accomplished through fundraising, fund distribution (90+ partners), community building, volunteer advancement, and information and referral. UWLHG is a $12 million nonprofit social services organization, with seventy employees in four locations with the main campus being located at 7273 Concourse Drive, Fort Myers, FL. The majority of funding is from private donations although UWLHG also receives local, state, and federal grants.
Summary: Creates, promotes, and supports high-quality volunteer experiences for corporate partners and community members. Establish positive relationships with members of the community and host volunteer fairs and volunteer management trainings that promote volunteerism and build a talent pool of volunteers. Coordinate and establish site visits with nonprofit partner agencies that have agreed to host a service project. Must be able to accommodate evening and weekend scheduling for volunteer events.
- Promotes principles and values of volunteering, volunteer orientations, and tracking of hours.
- Collaborates with Resource Development staff to identify group service projects “Days of Caring”, for campaign company employees.
- Responds to volunteer inquiries
- Manages Volunteer Manager Workshops and Volunteer Fairs.
- Cultivates relationships and manages regular communication with local agencies, schools, and nonprofits to maintain project inventory for individual and corporate volunteers, while maintaining current contact lists.
- Maintains accurate data and prepares reports detailing relevant volunteer metrics, including engagement and impact reports.
- Collaborates with Marketing Department and staff to promote volunteer opportunities, events, and projects
- Posts volunteer opportunities in Galaxy/CRM and Social Media Group when necessary
- Writes project description for volunteer engagement events.
- Leads volunteer initiatives such as Day of Action and Make-A-Difference Day
- Plans assigned volunteer and engagement projects assigned by the Vice President.
- Partners with team members to assist with planning and executing other volunteer events as needed.
- Assists in the execution of Volunteer Appreciation activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Volunteer Center Coordinator and Community volunteers.
Qualifications: The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform the essential job duties.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum of BA or BS degree or comparable work experience. A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of project management, event planning, or volunteer management is preferred. Prior experience as volunteer coordinator for public or nonprofit employer.
Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management, Community Relations and/or Sales and Marketing, and Project Management.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening, interpersonal, persuasion, and presentation skills required. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required. Business writing and supervisory skills necessary. Strong administrative and operational skills essential.
Language Skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior-level high-profile decision-makers.
Computer Skills: Requires knowledge of MS office software and database programs, and video telephony such as Zoom. Experience with CRM systems preferred.
Presentations Skills: Excellent Public speaking and presentation skills required.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Other Skills: Problem solving capabilities and cultural diversity skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion and occasionally to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. There may be additional physical requirements associated with volunteer events. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requires talking, hearing, and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions. Approximately 50% of the work of this position is spent at project sites, in offsite meetings, or traveling to various locations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment, off-site venues, and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend events may be required as job duties demand.
United Way is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Terms of employment are subject to satisfactory negative drug testing as part of our drug-free workplace program. Background testing will be conducted because of the nature of the position. Applicants may be asked to take an online skill assessment.
- UWLHG is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate, and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Working with diverse staff and other constituents
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Paid Health and Dental Insurance for employee, 401K, and Monthly Accrued PTO