Title: Volunteer and Community Engagement Lead
Supervisor: Deputy Director, Community and Donor Engagement
Organization Overview: United Way of Anchorage mobilizes the community to make lasting, measurable changes in community conditions that improve lives. We have adopted a unique approach to community problem-solving called collective impact which allows us to directly engage with communities. Our workplace is fast-paced, collaborative, and adaptive.
Position Overview: The Volunteer and Community Engagement Lead is responsible for developing volunteer opportunities, recruiting, and managing volunteers, supporting community building through placement of volunteers, and promoting United Way of Anchorage’s goals and value of volunteer service through special projects and events. The Volunteer and Community Engagement Lead will work with volunteers, community partners, businesses, faith-based organizations, and nonprofits to engage volunteers in meaningful roles that will make a measurable difference in the quality of life for people in our community.
Essential Functions/Roles & Responsibilities of the Position:
- Expand United Way’s reach into the community by developing strategies to increase participation in volunteer and community engagement projects and initiatives.
- Recruit groups and individuals for scheduled engagement opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate an ongoing program of recruitment, interviewing, training, referral, placement, and recognition of volunteers.
- Plan, manage, and execute special donor engagement projects to strengthen the donor experience and recruit future donors.
- Develop volunteer opportunities that target the goals of UWA’s community advancement work.
- Grow and manage bethechange907.org.
- Plan, manage, and execute at least two community-wide events to connect donors/community to the work of United Way.
- Supervise staff assigned to work with engagement and volunteer activities.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team on developing an effective strategy for volunteer and engagement messaging and other United Way year-round events to ensure a positive brand image and increased participation.
- Keep records of volunteers and prepare reports (ANDAR software) on volunteer programs. Help compile reliable, accurate data for post-project evaluation and reporting.
- Work with the Transformational Philanthropy team to meet with existing corporate partners and donors to encourage participation in Days of Service and to increase awareness of the work of UWA.
- Manage communications to all volunteer attendees pre-and post-volunteer and engagement activities.
- Organize engagement meetings with volunteers to establish partnership and grow donations.
- Enter volunteer engagement data into UWA database for relationship management and cultivation.
- In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths, and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of volunteer management, special events management, project management; and/or communications.
- Mobilizes community action to tackle community problems.
- Ability to inspire and develop others.
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision of UWA.
- 2 years of related experience
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- People-oriented with a track record of service to the community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Initiative in planning and developing new opportunities to increase UWA’s impact and meet community needs.
- Ability to learn tasks quickly and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible to change; proven ability to manage multiple high-priority projects and deadlines without compromising quality.
- Ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse population and multiple stakeholders.
- Bilingual a plus
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., M-F
Salary: $45,00 - $55,000
To Apply: Please send your resume and letter of interest to Kayla Green, Director of People & Culture: email@example.com.
Position open until filled.