To provide professional leadership and support to the Community Impact Department; responsible for coordinating and developing all aspects of the VITA (volunteer income tax assistance) operational grant. This position will also work to seek, foster, and strengthen relationships with organizations in Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties. This work includes collaborative leadership, agreement building, execution of feasible timelines and budgets, outcomes development, communications, and commitment to the strategies of United Way’s community impact work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include by not limited to:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for clients and volunteers to address questions or concerns. Respond to routine telephone and e-mail inquiries and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Provide management support to both volunteers and sites, ensuring appropriate coverage for each shift (i.e. on-call site management)
- Preparation of annual calendar and agenda content, development of the site and volunteer schedules, and event coordination.
- Oversee and manage VITA site establishment and closeout policies and procedures, inventory and maintenance of site supplies and technology, and other required materials.
- Ability to annually complete IRS-tax preparer certification at the Advanced-Site Coordinator level;
- Ability to learn and understand general tax law to support volunteers and site coordinators;
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor or manager
- Bachelor’s degree program in social welfare, public policy or related field is desired but not required.
- At least two years of progressively responsible program management experience in a nonprofit or human services environment.
- Experience working with executive level, volunteer decision-makers and facilitating volunteer-based decision-making and consensus-building
- Strategic thinker, skilled planner, collaborative problem solver, outcomes-focused.
- Strong attention to detail and possess creative energy.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to transportation throughout the workday.
United Way of the Piedmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org