Position: VITA Manager, Integrative Services
Reports to: VITA Director
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
The heart of the VITA Program is about providing free tax preparation for low and moderate-income people in Lancaster County. The refund that VITA clients receive at tax time often represents the one time of year that they have financial “slack” in their budget, which can create an opportunity to increase their financial stability. Over the next three years, VITA wants to use the opportunity that tax time presents to surround VITA clients with programs and partnerships to help them strengthen their financial stability. Bringing those services to tax time is the key.
The VITA Manager, Integrative Services is responsible for working with community partners to integrate additional client services into the VITA tax moment. The position will also support the core functions of the VITA program: free tax prep. Creativity, an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit, outside-the-box thinking, persuasion skills, problem solving, and project management skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
What are Integrative Services?
Examples include financial literacy, banking, FAFSA, savings, first-time homebuying, Collective Impact HUBs, etc.
Core VITA Responsibilities:
- Assist with site planning, volunteer recruitment, training, and outreach
- Travel and make site visits during tax season and take “on-call” hours
- Maintain VITA tax preparation certification at advanced level
- Present periodically at workshops, public forums, board meetings, and media events
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends, especially during tax season Integrative Services Responsibilities:
- Identify programs to incorporate into VITA
- Develop timelines and benchmarks for each project
- Develop the strategy for incorporating into VITA
- Collaborate with community partners to plan and execute projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to seek out opportunities on your own that would drive the project forward and advance VITA’s mission
- Outside-the-box thinking.
- Creative. Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. Open-minded.
- Excellent problem-solving and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to tax preparation, project management, or social services
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Experience working with other community-based organizations
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Comfortable with community outreach and public speaking
- Relationship building