United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County seeks a dynamic leader to drive engagement and membership in its Women United program. This individual is responsible for the development and execution of strategies to increase this group’s level of support for UWSA’s impact investments in our region. The candidate will work in partnership with staff and volunteers to generate interest from one of the key current and future market segments. UWSA’s Women United group currently has membership in excess of 3,000 and is one of the leading groups across the national United Way Network.
About United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County - For information on United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County visit https://www.unitedwaysatx.org
GENERAL FUNCTION: Develop, coordinate and implement comprehensive strategies for Women United donors and prospects in this target donor pool. Under minimal supervision, plans and executes the programs and initiatives necessary to achieve recruitment, retention, growth and engagement goals. Administer volunteer engagement strategies, ensuring the staffing and execution of volunteer roles and responsibilities. Positions United Way as the primary philanthropic conduit between individuals, their companies, and the communities in which they reside and operate through the development of year-round engagement experiences. This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Resource Development.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Identify the philanthropic goals and objectives of the individuals within assigned segments, establishing UWSA as the primary philanthropic resource for the donors in their relationship with the community and strengthening donor loyalty.
- Construct a calendar of niche events and initiatives for members and prospects, with focused activities that attract, engage, grow, and retain Women United members. Ensure the agenda and strategic plan engages prospects and members year-round, increasing engagement with United Way.
- Recruit, orient, advise, and support key volunteers in the implementation and execution of the roles and strategies of Women United. This includes advisory board, committees and projects.
- Increase overall donor engagement, developing and deepening donor’s ties to UWSA, striving for the matriculation of donors through Women United.
- In their annual giving, identify prospects for advancement along donor pipeline, and work with other leaders to create strategy and initiatives to cultivate and solicit.
- Partner with Resource Development team to identify, nurture and solicit key segments within the top corporations.
- Collaborate with Resource Development staff to share and review information and reports for the segmentation, identification and solicitation of prospects and members of Women United.
- Collaborate with UWSA staff to leverage insights and expertise, tailoring robust, integrated and relevant strategies to drive increased engagement. Develop materials, website content and social media tailored for Women United and utilize a variety of print and electronic mediums to educate and cultivate year-round relationships between the donors and United Way.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Women United’s signature cause, Childcare Scholarships, to include selection and award process of scholars, marketing to colleges/universities, tracking/management of expenditures, program metrics, recipient performance and associated documentation.
- Ensure appropriate databases are managed and leveraged.
- Track and evaluate effectiveness of strategies, initiatives, and overall results.
- Monitor membership and performance of segments.
- Conduct ongoing review, enhancement, evaluation and improvement of the materials, communications, methods and processes of Women United, ensuring best practices are identified, shared, and leveraged.
- Use data analysis to identify trends and solutions, troubleshoot, and ensure the timely achievement of goals. Use the strategic analysis of data to drive programming and engagement, and the overall performance of assigned segments.
- Manage interactions and engagement with UWSA board and UWW committees.
- Serve as UWSA’s liaison and community presence for various external women’s affinity groups.
- Assist in the training of new Resource Development team members (to include Loaned Executives) to the systems and processes of UWSA and the team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: Interacts with team members at all levels of the organization, and employees and leadership within assigned portfolio.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Five to Seven years professional work experience desired, with two or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, sales, communication and/or public relations capacity preferred.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to listen effectively and solicit information from others.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Demonstrated track record of creating, growing and retaining strong customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent local travel within the regional area, including evenings and weekends.
- Out of town travel required on occasion.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
COMPETENCIES: Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient
- Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
- Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
- For more information on United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County visit https://www.unitedwaysatx.org.
Please reply with resume to email@example.com by February 22, 2019.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Team members may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor