THIS POSITION IS ON-SITE IN ALEXANDRIA,VA
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Vice President, Strategy Realization reports to the Chief of Staff and Administration, and is ultimately accountable to the President and CEO, the initiating sponsor of the strategic transformation, including culture transformation, of United Way Worldwide (UWW). The Vice President, Strategy Realization is responsible for supporting the President and CEO in the delivery of integrated, realized results of the United Way Worldwide Network’s strategic transformation portfolio. The Vice President, Strategy Realization calls for and facilitates informed decisions, reporting, and communication; recommends conflict resolution; and creates actions and structures that maximize the organization’s change effectiveness.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Vice President, Strategy Realization is accountable for:
- Leading the organization’s strategic transformation activities
- Integrating, facilitating, and realizing the strategic transformation portfolio
- Proactively working with sponsors and initiative leads to manage interdependency of scope, and delivery of initiative realization
- Proactively leading collaboration and communication across the strategic transformation portfolio
The Vice President, Strategy Realization will:
- Drive a culture of synergy across initiatives and change actions
- Ensure timely risk management, including surfacing risks, escalating decisions, and/or recommending actions
- Oversee development by the Executive Leadership Team of an integrated strategic plan and installation /realization metrics
- Architect, gain sponsorship for, and deploy a strategy for implementing multiple initiatives toward a common strategic realization and culture transformation outcome
- Proactively manage an effective balance of attention to intent, people, and delivery
- Remain focused on realization-focused outcomes
- Oversee the optimal balance of change demand against change adaptation capacity
- Ensure the proper deployment of change agents
The person in this role must:
- Have strong credibility within the organization
- Be capable of working at all levels; especially with higher-level decision makers
- Provide counsel to leaders
- Have a proven track record of unwavering support for leaders once decisions are made
- Be able to effectively balance demands of large-scale change execution
- Manage varying levels of complexity (from strategy to tactics)
- Be skilled in facilitating small and large discussions with diverse points of view
- Constantly summarize, assess status, and raise performance issues related to reaching the desired realization outcomes
- Possess strong business acumen and be able to represent the impact and benefits of the program in business terms
- Address issues that challenge the current culture while creatively shaping what needs to be accomplished within the culture
- Have excellent planning and integration skills, and the ability to manage many moving parts
- Be skilled in conflict management
- Balance the needs and priorities of different departments and teams within the organization
- Have the ability to influence department and team leaders without direct authority and within sponsorship mandates, and to communicate and execute the integrated strategic plan to department leaders
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advance degree preferred
- Five years of people management and expert-level experience in a similar role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong people skills
- Ability to lead projects in a fast-paced environment
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.