The Vice President of Resource Development is the relationship champion and lead salesman for United Way of Acadiana. This Vice President’s primary duty is to generate financial resources for United Way of Acadiana in support of its mission by fostering relationships with current and prospective donors and by identifying and securing market segments to grow UWA’s resource base.
The Vice President of Resource Development will recruit and mentor a fund-raising team focused on the Annual Workforce Campaign, special fundraising events, revenue for special products, affinity group growth and management, as well as cultivation of gifts from individuals in order to meet annual fundraising goals. An integral part of this team will be volunteer leadership from the board and community that will receive strong support from the VP of Resource Development and department staff.
Effective leadership will yield results through the following activities:
- Grow revenue from investments from the workforce sector, major givers, targeted affinity groups, special events and product sales
- Generate revenue from corporate and individual gifts to UWA
- Cultivate loyalty and trust for UWA from informed supporters
- Facilitate year-round engagement of supporters both current and lapsed
- Strategy development to cultivate and acquire new supporters
- Successfully support volunteer cabinet members and other volunteer “champions” to grow financial support from the communities we serve
In this leadership role, it is imperative to maintain a strong working knowledge of UWA impact accomplishments, community needs as well as organizational policies, especially the fundraising and designation policies of UWA.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: