As a member of UWBB’s Leadership Team, the Vice President of Resource Development (RD) leads and oversees the planning, direction, and execution of all fundraising efforts/activities that make fulfilling our mission possible. This individual oversees a staff of five, manages portfolios of revenue, is responsible for the RD team meeting goals, and works collaboratively across the organization. This role also serves as a public representative of the organization.
Essential Duties/Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Create a strategic and systematic fundraising plan for individuals, institutional and workplace giving
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and lasting relationships with key community stakeholders
- Set annual campaign goal
- Monitor key fundraising trends/issues; communicate their implications and challenges to UWBB’s Pres/CEO with suggested action
- Lead and direct efforts with UWBB corporate partners’ workplace campaign, including working with CEOs/Senior Management to implement strategies to increase leadership giving in the workplace campaigns
- Maintain a high visibility in key workplace campaigns
- In partnership with UWBB’s Pres/CEO and Board Chair, work closely with UWBB’s Board to inspire greater participation in development efforts while capitalizing on Board member resources, talents, and networks
- Engage staff members in fundraising and elevating the profile of UWBB
- Ensure that UWBB maintains a culture where donor stewardship is a priority
- Work with Community Impact staff to integrate initiatives into our corporate partners’ workplace
- Review and enhance the capacity of staff and infrastructure to achieve development goals
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with all donor and proprietary information
- Represent UWBB in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers, and program partners
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of four years working in fundraising or sales with a record of success
- Successful leadership with a nonprofit organization achieving fundraising goals
- Experience building, leading, facilitating and managing a fundraising team comprised of community volunteers
- Leadership in an executive team role with supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage a comprehensive fundraising campaign, as well as motivate and mentor staff while increasing performance
- Strategic thinker, self-starter, results-oriented leader
- Demonstrated success in personally cultivating, soliciting and securing financial support from diverse sources – including major donors, foundations and corporations
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse community segments, volunteers, groups, individuals, and professionals
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment
- Strong organization and follow through skills
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and oral/presentation)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Displays organizational values of Leadership, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration, Focus and Respect in everyday tasks
- Professional office setting
- Extended periods of stationary work
- Some evening and weekend hours during peak times
- Ability to operate computers for up to eight hours/day
- Occasional travel within UWBB neighboring county footprint
- Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license required
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 24, 2021.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT. This job description does not restrict UWBB from the ability to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. This job description outlines the current assignment of essential functions. These functions may change at any time as the needs of UWBB or the department change or for other reasons deemed appropriate
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.