As a member of UWBB’s Leadership Team, the Vice President of Resource Development (RD) leads and oversees the planning, direction, and execution of all fundraising efforts that make fulfilling our mission possible. This individual oversees the RD Team, manages portfolios of revenue, is responsible for the RD Team meeting goals, and works collaboratively across the organization. This role also serves as a public representative of the organization.
Essential Duties/Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Create and implement a strategic fundraising plan to meet organization revenue and growth goals for individual, institution, corporate and workplace giving
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and lasting relationships with key community stakeholders
• Set measurable goals relative to donor engagement and revenue generation
• Lead and direct efforts with UWBB corporate partner workplace campaigns, including working with CEOs/Senior Management to implement strategies to increase leadership giving and donor engagement
• Monitor key fundraising trends/issues and best practices; communicate their implications and challenges to UWBB Pres/CEO with suggested action
• Maintain a high visibility in key workplace campaigns
• In partnership with UWBB Pres/CEO and Board Chair, work closely with UWBB Board to inspire greater participation in development efforts while capitalizing on Board member resources, talents, and networks
• Manage data and prepare reports that include but are not limited to fundraising plans, goal setting, donor history, giving trends, relationship visits and staff evaluations.
• Collaborate with UWBB departments/team members in fundraising, achieving organizational goals and elevating the profile of UWBB
• Ensure that UWBB maintains a culture where donor stewardship is a priority
• Work with Community Impact staff to introduce and integrate initiative volunteer opportunities into our corporate partnerships
• Review and enhance the capacity of staff and infrastructure to achieve development goals
• Maintain confidentiality when dealing with all donor and proprietary information
• Represent UWBB in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers, and program partners
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree required (Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.)
• Three to five years working in fundraising, sales, marketing, or related field
• Track record of success in prior fundraising or sales positions
• Experience building, leading, and managing a fundraising team comprised of community volunteers
• Leadership in an executive team role with supervisory experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to manage a comprehensive fundraising campaign, as well as motivate and mentor staff while increasing performance
• Demonstrated success in personally cultivating, soliciting and securing financial support from diverse sources – including major donors, foundations and corporations
• Passion for mission-based work
• Strategic thinker, self-starter, results-oriented leader
• Ability to communicate and work with diverse community segments, volunteers, groups, individuals, and professionals
• Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment
• Strong organization and follow through skills
• Exceptional and effective communication skills (writing, listening and speaking/presentation)
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Displays organizational values of Leadership, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration, Focus and Respect in daily tasks
• Workplace culture that is family-oriented and supports teamwork and collaboration
• Professional office setting
• Physical demands: Sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting, regularly moving throughout the building between floors
• Occasional travel within UWBB neighboring county footprint
• M-F 8:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m. work week with some early morning, evening and weekend hours during peak times
• Regular use of standard office equipment such as computer, telephone, copier and fax.
• Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license required
Excellent benefits package: Medical, life and LTD Insurance, retirement plan, paid leave time, 12 paid holidays, and half-day Fridays during the summer months.
Application Deadline: Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 31, 2023.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. These declarations are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.