Do you want to leave work every day knowing that you made an impact? At United Way of South Hampton Roads (UWSHR), you’ll work in a fun and supportive environment where every day is a new opportunity to make a difference. If you talk to our employees, the single trait we all have in common is passion. We love what we do, and we do it with conviction and purpose because we know how much our community needs us. You’ll learn from some of the best in the business and be constantly challenged in an ever-changing industry. Plus, we offer excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement and a great work-life balance. If you want to be great while doing good, join the United Way team.
We are currently hiring a vice president of resource development to significantly increase UWSHR’s overall revenue by leading the Resource Development (RD) team to create and implement RD strategies that recruit, retain and grow the donor base; build and grow relationships and implement new and innovative revenue growth strategies.
Objectives & Expectations:
Responsible for the development and execution of comprehensive long-range strategic and annual business plans focused on revenue generation and donor engagement. Manages and directs staff teams responsible for Community Campaigns and Strategy Development, Individual Donor Engagement and Corporate Relationship Management. Responsible for the leadership of volunteer and staff teams to ensure maximized fundraising and engagement efforts to include workplace campaigns, major and leadership gifts, grants, individual donor engagements, affinity group engagements and corporate engagements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the individual engagement efforts through leadership societies to ensure comprehensive seamless relationship development.
- Serves as a member and a leader on the Executive Team.
- Provides direct supervision and strategic direction for the Development Team.
- Guides the development and implementation of the strategic and annual plans for the Development Team
- Works with Leadership Society Directors/Managers to identify and manage portfolios of top donors and prospects.
- Determines key metrics, accountability and reporting mechanisms aligned with performance and growth objectives for the Development Team.
- Oversees collaboration with the Development Team to tailor strategies to companies, individuals and prospects to promote the position benefits of their time and resources dedicated to UWSHR.
- Directs efforts to secure corporate support through grants, corporate/foundation giving, sponsorship, consumer engagement efforts through partners, etc.
- Directly manages the relationship and provides staff support to corporations throughout the region.
- Directs individual engagement efforts through Leadership Societies and affinity groups to ensure comprehensive, seamless relationship development.
- Provides leadership and insight to the campaign cabinet and other Leadership Societies leadership to maximize resource development activities and increase revenue.
- Develops the annual operating plans, budgets, long-term development strategies and action steps to increase relationships with and revenue from corporate partners and individuals.
- Manages the action steps and results for the Development Team. Tracks revenue generation throughout the year and provides monthly projections against goal projections.
- Tracks the Development Team’s retention and, visits to key businesses throughout the year; provides regular activity status; and conducts the appropriate account analysis to build and refine business goals.
- Liaises with Marketing Department to develop annual campaign materials (print, electronic, and audio-visual).
- Works with CRM System Manager to elevate the level of CRM use among Development Team. Develops reports, SOP’s, trainings, and executing enhancements as needed. Additionally, maintains accurate donor information, all external meetings and development dialogs, and all opportunities.
- Evaluates and analyzes development results and recommends changes.
- Work with Finance Department to ensure pledge processing is timely and accurate.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships within corporate accounts.
- All other duties as assigned.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Understands and demonstrates commitment to the vision, mission and direction of UWSHR.
- 10+ years of development experience.
- Possesses proven fundraising/sales skills at the technical, managerial, relationship management and leadership levels.
- Demonstrates effective supervisory, management and leadership competencies commensurate with the responsibilities of managing multiple staff functions.
- Ability to think strategically and execute on plan.
- High-energy individual who takes initiative with a positive outlook who can manage change.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing. Possesses highly evolved presentation skills.
- Develops relationships to drive resources and results.
- Experience with CRM software
- Commitment to excellence.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Interested? Send Resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be posted until filled.