DEPARTMENT: Community Impact GRADE: 25
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: SVP, Community Impact
EXEMPTION STATUS: Exempt
DATE POSTED- INTERNAL: 05/29/2023 EXPIRES: 06/19/2023
DATE POSTED- EXTERNAL: 06/05/2023
JOB LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
SALARY RANGE: $96,000 - $110,000
RELOCATION ALLOWANCE: No
WORK MODALITY: On-site or Hybrid-remote (3 days on-site and up to 2 days remote) EMPLOYEE CLASSIFICATION: People Leader
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County unites the community to identify and solve our most critical issues. We are dedicated to improving people's lives and creating community-level change. Our work includes leading cross-sector collaborations, advocating for public policy changes and investing in programs that prevent problems from happening in the first place for those in need. Improving quality of life and advancing the greater good involves focusing in four impact areas: preparing children for kindergarten; empowering students to graduate and reach their full potential; helping
individuals and families become self-sufficient; providing a safety net of services for those in crisis.
UWSA seeks a Vice President, Ready Children to lead the Ready Children Impact Council’s investments and initiatives. The Vice President guides a diverse network of nonprofit partners, subject matter experts, public sector representatives and community volunteers to ensure children grow up in a safe, stable and nurturing environment, are healthy in body, mind and spirit and are curious learners progressing towards their full potential. This position will work collaboratively with a cross-departmental team and a wide variety of stakeholders focused on early childhood development and quality early childhood education.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading collaborative, cross-sector nonprofit partnerships and be familiar with Results-Based Accountability. This person will have the ability to work and communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders in a professional manner. The successful candidate will be flexible, self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Direct, plan and execute the backbone infrastructure for the Ready Children Impact Council to include priority setting; volunteer recruitment and management; planning; implementation; budgeting; performance evaluation; fiscal and program monitoring; data analysis; management of monthly meetings with partner agencies and quarterly meetings of the full Impact Council.
• Foster trust and mutual accountability and work collaboratively with nonprofit partners, community volunteers and staff to help the Impact Council achieve results through a collective impact lens.
• Monitor and evaluate program data reports and financial reports.
• Supervise Impact Manager and Director, Education Initiatives.
• Oversee Impact Manager’s development of content to communicate UWSA’s impact year-round.
• Ensure integration of multiple early childhood community collaborations and initiatives into alignment with Impact Council results (e.g., Building Quality Initiative).
• Ensure UWSA investments are addressing stated priorities and creating measurable impact in Bexar County.
• In conjunction with SVP, Strategic Initiatives and Public Policy, manage corporate/individual grants awarded to support Ready Children Impact Council indicators.
• In conjunction with Impact Data Officer, manage implementation and use of the Early Development Instrument.
• Expand school district participation in use of the Early Development Instrument.
• Engage in research and maintain awareness of local, state and federal data and trends regarding child abuse, early childhood development, quality early childhood education and kindergarten readiness.
• Prepare content for Impact Council reports to the Community Impact Committee, Board of Directors and Advisory Council.
• Contribute to the overall success of UWSA by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree – required / master’s degree – preferred in Business, Health & Human Services, Public Policy or other related field of study.
• Five years or more experience in the human services field.
• Experience in program evaluation
• Experience staffing a broad cross-section of volunteer leaders and/or non-profit partners.
• Strategic leadership of collective impact efforts.
• Experience in working effectively in multicultural environments.
• Strong relationships in the nonprofit, public and private sectors.
• Staff and volunteer management.
• Budget and fiscal management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES INFORMATION
• Knowledge of the nonprofit arena and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, community partners, donors and volunteers.
• Ability to identify and build opportunities and assist in educating and mobilizing networks of individuals, associations, agencies and institutions to support UWSA’s impact agenda.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including development of content relevant to the Impact Council for a wide variety of audiences and media.
• Professional demeanor, confident and goal oriented.
• Self-motivated and creative.
• Dynamic, authentic leadership and team building skills.
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities and problem-solve issues as they arise
• Strategic thinking ability.
• Demonstrated independent decision-making and problem-solving ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Facilitation and presentation skills and experience.
• Knowledge of Results-Based Accountability™, preferred.
• Data utilization expertise related to community issues.
• Budget management experience.
• Committee-level volunteer management.
• Relationship management with a broad array of individuals and organizations.
• Attention to detail in a multitasking environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Competent with Adobe Products Suite, preferred.
UNITED WAY COMPETENCIES
X Core Competencies (all United Way Professionals):
Mission Focused, Relationship Oriented, Collaborator, Results Driven, Brand Steward
X Leadership Roles Competencies (building on Core Competencies):
Talent Management & People Development, Business Acumen & Strategic Direction, Operational Planning & Execution, Outward Turning
• Employer-subsidized healthcare plan with employer-funded HRA offered.
• Group dental, vision, life insurance and other insurance products available.
• Paid holidays, personal and sick leave time.
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching available.
• Normal nonprofit office environment with little exposure to dust, noise and extreme temperatures.
• Extended work on personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator.
• Reliable transportation required with the ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events locally, routinely and around the state and nationally, occasionally.
• Monday-Friday, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm work week with occasional evening and weekend hours.
• Sedentary work on a PC; sitting for extended periods of time, routinely.
• Movement within the office and during external meeting and events, regularly.
• Bends, stoops and twists, occasionally.
• Exerts up to 25 lbs. of force, occasionally.
• Facilitates, presents and collaboratively interacts with others, routinely.
• Perform repetitive tasks, i.e., typing and texting, routinely.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The contents of this job description may change as deemed necessary by United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County.
To submit your application visit http://bit.ly/uwsajobs.
• Applications WILL NOT be accepted via email.
• Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you experience problems submitting your application.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, UWSA will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations if reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application, interview process, or to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County | 700 South Alamo St., San Antonio TX, 78205 | www.unitedwaysatx.org