About United Way:
We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
We work every day to achieve our vision and mission by focusing on two foundations of better lives: Financial Opportunity and Educational Success. Specifically:
Financial Opportunity: Ensuring that all families have safe housing, healthy food, and quality childcare. That they have jobs that allow them to support themselves and their families. And that they have access to financial tools and coaching to help build a better future.
Educational Success: Preparing children to enter school ready to learn, develop critical social and academic skills, and get the support they need to stay in school and graduate.
You are the key to making this shared vision a reality. Your gifts become critical funding for ground-breaking initiatives and best-in-class partnerships with nonprofit agencies throughout our region, your time and talents fuel the engine for change; your friends, family, and colleagues are the army of difference-makers who positively impact lives.
That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Please join us.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Vice President, Operations and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud Logistics (VP) will be responsible for leading internal operations team that supports the following work: campaign donor services, data quality management, facilities, risk management and insurances, office services, procurement (vendor and contract management). The VP will also be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of colleagues to ensure that the enterprise has a robust business continuity and emergency preparedness plan. Working with our Human Resources team, ensuring that all office locations meet or exceed government requirements and safety standards.
This position will serve as our logistical engineer for supporting our resource development team in the selling and implementation of the Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud platform. Specifically, this will include:
Partnering with our sales team in Resource Development on customer demonstrations, logistics, and contract negotiations;
Leveraging support from a team of SPC colleagues at United Way Worldwide; and
Lead our SPC customer service support team.
- Direct and support a talented team of professionals in a multi-location work environment that supports our operational work in donor services, donor data quality and data reporting, facilities, risk management, office services, and procurement.
- Lead a cross-functional team of colleagues in our Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity work, ensuring that the enterprise has a working plan that delivers upon ensuring safety at all of our office locations and is understood by all of our colleagues at UWMB.
- As the person responsible for SPC logistics, you will be responsible for supporting our sales team in Resource Development (RD) in presenting the SPC platform in the best light to prospects and customers, to evoke confidence in company's technology infrastructure, and removing all technical, contractual and operational objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, you must have a strong desire to leverage your operational, technical and/or sales skills to support our RD team in the sales cycle and post-sales support. An individual must possess above average project management skills to effectively perform each essential duty listed below:
- Understand the customer need and establish the organization's product as the best solution that addresses that need.
- Support our sales team in building and presenting customized demonstrations
- Participate in all appropriate SPC product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Assist our sales team in responding effectively to customer request for proposals.
- Work collaboratively between sales, implementation, and support.
- Convey customer requirements and provide the scope of work estimates for technical and operational implementation to the implementation team.
- Contributes to team and product effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action.
- Assist the Chief Administrative Officer in the strategic future use and locations of our facilities that supports approximately 95 employees and visible to the 151 communities that we serve in eastern Massachusetts. This includes leading the board real estate committee work that has oversight for our real estate and occupancy and mission to develop a feasibility plan for our future (7-10 years) occupancy requirements.
- Supervise and coach one direct report that oversees our office services team that manages the leases, vendor contracts and logistics for four regional offices and our headquarters in Boston. This group also manages our mail and copying services, campaign collateral support, courier and delivery services, and inventory management.
- Supervise and coach four direct reports that manage pledge processing, operational and technical support for the electronic philanthropic campaign, campaign deposits, and quality data assurance for CRM platform.
Relationship Management – understanding that people come before the process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Understands what motivates individuals and organizations.
- Values diversity and inclusion. Builds relationships internally, externally and with the United Way network.
- Effectively Communicates by:
- Allocating time for relationship building with a conscious effort for engaging others and deepening relationships;
- Embraces conflict;
- Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner that fosters open communication and diverse input and contributions.
- Skills in leading others, and instilling mutual trust and confidence. Ability to develop leadership in others through coaching, mentoring, recognizing, and guiding which in turn will allow for successfully accomplishing the overall activities of the office.
Collaborator – understanding that the roles and contributions of all and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Takes a collaborative approach to addressing issues. Demonstrates coalition-building skills with the ability to explain, advocate and articulate facts and ideas in a persuasive manner. Ability to negotiate with individuals and groups both internally and externally. Gives credit and recognition to others who have contributed.
- Seeks win-win solutions by demonstrating the ability to negotiate and compromise without losing sight of core values and objectives.
- Displays strong listening skills and can clearly state the point of view of others.
Results Driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good of the organization.
- Sets and maintains high-performance standards for self and others that support the organization's strategic and operational plans.
- Promotes innovation and willing to take calculated risk to achieve goals.
- Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Holds self and other team members accountable for achieving results.
- Models excellence and motivates fellow members to follow his/her example.
Operational Planning & Execution – establish effective and efficient processes that align their division priorities with greater organization goals, strategies, and mission.
- Collaborate effectively within the organization;
- Inspires and motivates people that builds a culture of United Way as a mission of choice;
Engages volunteers in a manner that helps execute the strategy.
- BS/BA in Business or related field required. In lieu of degree, 15+ years of relevant United Way relevant experience.
- Strongest consideration given to candidates with exposure to United Way and Salesforce fundraising CRM platforms.
- Self-starter that can lead and meet objectives and project assignments with minimal direction and guidance.
- Strong organizational skills, with proven ability to negotiate and manage conflicting priorities.
- Verbal and written presentations skills that understand and successfully communicates with our various external and internal stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and database systems.
- Knowledge of Andar preferred.
- Lead by example in an environment that demands exceptional customer service requirements in a fast-paced service environment.
- Commitment to excellence and the United Way Mission.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley,
Human Resources Coordinator,
51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210. Fax: 617- 624-9114
For information on additional opportunities, please access our Web Site at www.unitedwaymassbay.org
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley is committed to hiring individuals who
reflect the diversity of the communities it serves.