United Way of Hall County is a non-profit organization whose mission is to unite people, organizations and resources to improve lives in Hall County, Georgia.
Position Title: Director of Operations and Finance
Position Description: The Director of Operations and Finance is responsible for managing the daily operations and overall finances of the organization. The ideal candidate will exemplify the organization’s values of being a partner, a leader, trustworthy and selfless through support of and engagement with donors, volunteers and community stakeholders.
Immediate Supervisor: President and CPO, United Way of Hall County
- Provide effective management and reporting of fiscal resources. Design and implement financial procedures to meet organizational objectives.
- Develops and manages organizational budget process. Monitors and helps interpret all monthly financial statements with appropriate staff, volunteers and regulatory agencies.
- Develop, implement and manage all procedures in the campaign audit and pledge receivable system. Monitor accounts and pledge receivable system to provide timely billing, maximum collection and proper deposition of unpaid accounts.
- Develops and monitors accounts, allocations, and designations payable system to provide proper and timely processing.
- Provide supervision to assigned staff.
- Meets with President/CPO regularly to review financial status and makes necessary recommendations to ensure strong financial position.
- Provide direction and support for the Finance Chair and Committee.
- Provide direction and support for the Audit Chair and Committee.
- Serve as liaison to outside accounting firm.
- Assist with reports to United Way Worldwide, funding proposals and grants as requested by the President/CPO.
Compliance, Fiscal Procedures and Controls
- Ascertain that internal controls are adequate in the general ledger, campaign donation software, pledges receivable, and accounts payable systems areas.
- Ensures required tax documents and records are filed annually.
- Manage the annual independent audit.
- Oversee compliance with the personnel policies and maintain all confidential staff records other than annual reviews or information related to grievances or disciplinary measures.
- Prepares required reports and ensures appropriate tax documents and records are filed annually.
- Provide support to all staff and volunteers as needed.
Facility, Equipment, and Supplies
- Oversee all activities concerning maintenance of facility and operation of organization.
- Conducts research into purchase of capital improvements as required.
- General Responsibilities
- Attend senior staff and staff meetings.
- Assist with Campaign, Community Building, and organizational matters and programs as requested by the President/CPO.
Organizational and interpersonal skills a must.
Ability to manage multiple projects and operate in a deadline-oriented environment.
Demonstrated ability to positively represent the organization at professional and social events.
Candidate will be asked to use personal car for business and must possess valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Education Requirement: BA/BS Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business not required but preferred