Position Summary: The Vice President of Operations leads United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties’ strategic engagement efforts internally and externally. This position is responsible for overseeing the United Way’s investments through talent development and community engagement. United Way professionals should exhibit core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Acumen & Strategic Direction
- Participate in community and business environment by serving and leading in civic groups, on committees, and in groups that will advance the mission of United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties.
- Utilize the strategic plan to drive results for United Way as a premier philanthropic partner.
- Engage with United Way Worldwide to inform and influence UWVFC strategic direction.
- Actively engage in the community and with partners (donors, volunteers, dignitaries, key stakeholders, etc.).
- Lead the overall marketing strategy of the United Way in conjunction with Board support and with the Marketing Specialist.
- Develop strong relationships with community partners to improve communication.
- Strategically connect individuals’ areas of interest directly to United Way’s work and inspire commitment and support for United Way.
Embracing & Managing Change
- Research and identify innovative capacity-building initiatives to benefit the Volusia and Flagler communities.
- Collaborate with other departments to deliver on strategic plan priorities for the United Way.
- Drive internal engagement by leading United Way’s culture operations including: employee wellness initiatives, diversity, equity and inclusion, and core values.
Talent Management & People Development
- Manage and coordinate all efforts of Community Impact and Community Partnerships staff including: assign and monitor all job responsibilities, maintain positive staff relations, conflict resolution, and ensure the organizational resources are used to their maximum potential.
- Lead the United Way’s Human Resource efforts including: hiring, training programs, talent management, and culture.
Operational Planning & Execution
- Develop and drive a timeline for the continuous improvement of talent management.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide excellent customer service for donors and volunteers and maximize United Way’s impact.
- Assist with strategic planning and execution of the strategic plan as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Guide staff in the execution of the community impact funding process to include the application, selection and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Team player with the ability to work with UWVFC senior management to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and needed with the ability to communicate the key stakeholders, peers, and staff.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills (minimum of Microsoft software programs).
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of insured motor vehicle.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
Direct Reports – Community Partnerships, Senior Manager, Community Impact, Manager, Marketing Specialist